Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JD Wetherspoon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love JDW. Especially when I go to somewhere like London for a show. Meal for two £30. Nice pubs too (during the day anyway). What's not to like ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's not to like ?

The knobhead owner? Heavily promotes Brexit via his pubs, media and on tv, and is now bleating about possible curbs to immigration affecting his business. Oh, and suggesting we can all buy NZ cheese.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Decent enough for what you pay. A decent full English for £4, and I'll not hesitate in popping in for a drink on a night out as it's considerably cheaper than anywhere else.

Don't like it, don't go! If only it were that simple with some people eh!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Has there ever been anything more divisive in the history of pubs in this country than the 'W' word?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The knobhead owner? Heavily promotes Brexit via his pubs, media and on tv, and is now bleating about possible curbs to immigration affecting his business. Oh, and suggesting we can all buy NZ cheese.

Morning Herr T

Don't think you answered this when I posted on another thread but this 'knobhead' started from scratch a business that now has a turnover of 1.5 billion pounds a year and employs more than 35,000 people so probably a better businessman than you or I? ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Morning Herr T

Don't think you answered this when I posted on another thread but this 'knobhead' started from scratch a business that now has a turnover of 1.5 billion pounds a year and employs more than 35,000 people so probably a better businessman than you or I? ???

And could possibly end up like Cur Philip Green at some point in the future? Tim whateverhismameis is a proper twunt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a regular Spoons customer but went for breakfast on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago. £14 for 3 of us which included unlimited coffee. Quality and service was ok - for the price, value was very good. Judging by the number of people in there they are doing something right.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
And could possibly end up like Cur Philip Green at some point in the future? Tim whateverhismameis is a proper twunt.

Probably not, his business model is nothing like Greens, interesting that you don't deny that he employs 35,000 people in a successful business, what exactly is it that you do that makes you superior to him?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Morning Herr T

Don't think you answered this when I posted on another thread but this 'knobhead' started from scratch a business that now has a turnover of 1.5 billion pounds a year and employs more than 35,000 people uso probably a better businessman than you or I? ???

..or me! But it doesn't seem to have prevented him being a Knobhead. Nor has success prevented (Sir?) Phillip Green being one either!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A savannah Breakfast Haywards Heath
image.jpg£8.95 and with the free Savannah card discount makes £6.75 + free tea or coffee
Also Burger and Chips + pint on Home match days £7.50

Also dark Star openning it's new pub in couple of weeks in the Broadway.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They still haven't opened their pub in Bexhill yet despite getting planning permission 18 months back. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Morning Herr T

Morgen Herr J. I wasn't questioning his business acumen. My knobhead comment is in relation to his politics.

As an aside being a success at anything doesn't automatically absolve you from being a knobhead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here