Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
We've got a pretty good squad these days, and it feels a bit wrong to post this in light of Sidwell's recent performances, but I was thinking today as Murphy helped changed the game with some direct wing wizardy that Solly March will be great to have back.
He was reaching a really high level before his injury.
And then I realised that he has never played in the same team as Knockaert.
And then I realised that we could field the midfield in the thread title.

I look forward to the day we do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As good as a middle 4 that may sound,they might not work....that said if we go from January till the end of the season with those 4,for me we are up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
March on the bench vs Norwich, after 90 minutes and scoring for the U23s today ? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really wish Solly wasn't being repeatedly touted as 'saviour of the Albion'.

He's a young lad who could well go far.
But currently he's had nearly a year out after suffering an injury.
An injury that not so long ago would have ended his career.

He was brilliant, 12 months ago.
But he'll not be returning like that, and it's a little unfair to link him with £30+m worth of talent.
Let alone those deciding he could be the missing number 10.

For me it would be fantastic if Solly just popped in and out of the team, all season, allowing him the time and space to develop into a player capable for smashing apart which ever division we happen to be in, next season.

Patients is a virtue, and has to be better than the inevitable 'get rid' dross we'll be subjected to 5 games into his return.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

But he'll not be returning like that, and it's a little unfair to link him with £30+m worth of talent.

For me it would be fantastic if Solly just popped in and out of the team, all season, allowing him the time and space to develop into a player capable for smashing apart which ever division we happen to be in, next season.

Patients is a virtue, and has to be better than the inevitable 'get rid' dross we'll be subjected to 5 games into his return.

This. NSC tends to be impatient when players return. Bong was crap for several games but is getting back into it now, Stephens took a while after long layoff to hit peak form. and (possibly) we are beginning to see best of Baldock after two long injuries.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
We will play the best team available for each game as the manager sees it
Players will come and go out of the team re loss of form, injuries and suspensions
Those that have to wait a while will if they play a blinder on their return, such as coming on to score the winner, invariably will keep their place in the team
Four central midfielders that are all capable and five players for the wide roles will all be required at some point

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I don't believe that we will see the best of Solly for several
months. It was a bad injury and a long lay off. It may be next year before we see him back as a regular.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This. NSC tends to be impatient when players return. Bong was crap for several games but is getting back into it now, Stephens took a while after long layoff to hit peak form. and (possibly) we are beginning to see best of Baldock after two long injuries.

Goldson looked woeful first half at Wigan too - but he's been away from 1st team football most of / all season. We can predict the same for Uwe too when his turn comes around. March will be no different.

The real question is, will March get back to the level he was. CMS didn't, Lua Lua hasn't .... #fingerscrossedformarch

Last edited:

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
In my opinion / experience, it takes 7 to 8 games for any player who has not played in the team for a while (if at all) to get to match fitness / understand how his team mates operate.

Just a few from the last few seasons: Bong, Craig Conway a few years ago, Jesse Lingaard, Duffy, Stevens last season - they all took time to grow in to their roles / get familiar with their team mates. Solly March too and when he returns this season, it will take him a while to get back to his best form as well. I bet nobody here is straight back in to the rhythm of their job the day after they get back from a week's holiday, do they?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agree with this. We need to have patience. He took two months of playing pretty much every game last season to hit the form people remember. He had that regular football because we only had two wingers most of that time with Murphy not joining until late August and LuaLua being injured in mid September. This season, Knockaert will start when available and then he has to get past both Murphy and Skalak to get a start so it will be harder to find form.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I would be delighted to see Solly back on the bench going forward and playing the Kaz "20 mins when full back tired" role, plus starting any EFL trophy games and suitable FA cup games - for a while at least.

We have some more than suitable replacements in the squad to not need to rush Solly back. Lets take it slowly, not put too much pressure on, and give him a cracking reception when he is back on the pitch for the first team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The first 17 picks itself for the match v Norwich ( Stockdale, Maenpaa, Bruno, Bong, Pocognoli, Duffy, Dunk, Goldson, Stephens, Sidwell, Norwood, Knockaert, Skalak, Murphy, Murray, Hemed, Baldock ).

Will the other pick be Elvis or March ? ??? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here