Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell - outstanding today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Today this man was brilliant for us. Not afraid to put his foot in and tackle winning possession back in midfield. Without Sidwell today I feel we would have lost. Most of our players out there kind of gave the lacklustre impression today and would have settled for the point as not many of them got out of first gear. Win and 3 points is all that matters though.
I'll be amazed if anyone gives another player a better rating in the ratings thread later on.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Today this man was brilliant for us. Not afraid to put his foot in and tackle winning possession back in midfield. Without Sidwell today I feel we would have lost. Most of our players out there kind of gave the lacklustre impression today and would have settled for the point as not many of them got out of first gear. Win and 3 points is all that matters though.
I'll be amazed if anyone gives another player a better rating in the ratings thread later on.

What are your ratings?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Warren Aspinall was very complimentary about his performance. He also thought Norwood wasn't so good, and Knockaert had one of his quieter games.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sidwell has been as good as if not better than Kayal since he got injured. A credit to his character and determination, have counted about 3/4 goal saving blocks in that time. Amazing stuff really for a player of his age

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He's been excellent since he's been starting games. Him and Stephens has the potential to be an extremely solid midfield partnership. Both are aggressive in the tackle and both possess a decent range of passing. He also looks to be a good personality and a leader. Long may it continue.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was my MotM against Wolves too: have a look at that 'cricket block' he did in the first half, and then that lunge that put Bodvarsson (sp?) off so he blasted over the bar.
As for today, I wasn't there, but listened to it, and I lost count of the number of times that "Sidwell puts in another excellent sliding tackle".
SAS to start next Saturday.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Sidwell has been as good as if not better than Kayal since he got injured.

TBF if any of our central midfield players weren't able to deliver a performance that's at least the equal of an injured Kayal, then I'll be seriously worried for the future of our scouting departments jobs! :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He has played a proper holding midfield role the last 2 games. Plays to his strengths: reading the game, tackling, simple passes. Frees up the other CM, surely Stephens next week, to get forward more.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
TBF if any of our central midfield players weren't able to deliver a performance that's at least the equal of an injured Kayal, then I'll be seriously worried for the future of our scouting departments jobs! :lolol:

Great banter :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Spot on. He's filled the gap that's been there since we lost Kemy.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did well today. I hope Stephens is back in the starting 11 next week as we look a far better team when he is on the pitch.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Warren Aspinall was very complimentary about his performance. He also thought Norwood wasn't so good, and Knockaert had one of his quieter games.
Knockers being near to a ban would have compromised his play today not to get booked, by removing that tenacious aggressive edge you end up with less than half the player (just like Paul Scholes). He's now available to rip Norwich a new one.:banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here