Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's be honest here.....

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Okay the result was right, but this was another lacklustre performance and our league position doesn't reflect the negative tactics of the manager. Despite all the upbeat language, I really wonder if we are a club cheerily targeting another play off disappointment - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking moderate success as opposed to one 'really going for it'. Personally, I'm dismayed by Tony Bloom's apathy towards Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, Duffy and Baldock are League 1 thoroughbreds, but alongside the marquee signings at Newcastle, Norwich et al, none are promotion material or the 'wow' players required for a sustained attack on automatic promotion. This is the first season I have felt compelled to withdraw my season ticket but I will hang in there just a bit longer in the hope Bloom, Barber etc see sense and really deliver the success our fans so deserve.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
11204925_1146199145395420_7905453124442134683_n.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Every one of those names you mentioned have put their hand up and done a great job this season.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
u wot m8

Screenshot from 2016-10-22 17-23-58.png

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would prefer to go up with a sensible transfer policy, rather than throwing money at it, and then get in trouble if it doesn't come off.

I hope we can do it against the parachute clubs.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I really wonder if we are a club cheerily targeting another play off disappointment - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking moderate success as opposed to one 'really going for it'. Personally, I'm dismayed by Tony Bloom's apathy towards Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. .

That would be a summer transfer window that saw the club break it's record transfer fee paid and which also saw the club turn down big bids for Knockaert, Dunk and Stephens?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Okay the result was right, but this was another lacklustre performance and our league position doesn't reflect the negative tactics of the manager. Despite all the upbeat language, I really wonder if we are a club cheerily targeting another play off disappointment - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking moderate success as opposed to one 'really going for it'. Personally, I'm dismayed by Tony Bloom's apathy towards Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, Duffy and Baldock are League 1 thoroughbreds, but alongside the marquee signings at Newcastle, Norwich et al, none are promotion material or the 'wow' players required for a sustained attack on automatic promotion. This is the first season I have felt compelled to withdraw my season ticket but I will hang in there just a bit longer in the hope Bloom, Barber etc see sense and really deliver the success our fans so deserve.

Throw your season ticket away. You will obviously never be happy. Thank **** the Manager and the players don't share your point of view

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Okay the result was right, and this was another gritty performance. Our league position reflects the solid tactics of the manager. Because of all the upbeat language, I really think we are a club heading for glory at the end of the season - the summer signings would certainly reflect this. We have the fabric of a side seeking strength in depth as opposed to one 'set up to fail'. Personally, I'm impressed by Tony Bloom's steely resolve, when it come to Premier League status - recent investment would certainly endorse this. Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, Duffy and Baldock are proven, good professionals, and set against the marquee signings at Newcastle, Norwich et al, we have a number of players ready for a sustained attack on automatic promotion. I was tempted to withdraw my season ticket but I will hang in there just a bit longer in the hope Bloom, Barber carry on their tremendous work behind the scenes, and deliver the success our fans so deserve. I apologise for being such a negative dullard.

Fixed for you.

Good post

:thumbsup:

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

No mention of AK then

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Didn't Burnley get promoted with that type of form?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here