Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we playing for 2nd place?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Newcastle are a different class in this division. Are we playing for 2nd or are they not infallible?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think everyone's playing for 2nd place. Given their spending - although to be fair they turned a profit - hardly surprising.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wouldn't get quite so worried, they're only 3 points ahead, if we win and they lose in Saturday we're level, who's to say that can't happen?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Wouldn't get quite so worried, they're only 3 points ahead, if we win and they lose in Saturday we're level, who's to say that can't happen?

Not saying it's impossible but given their squad depth really can't see us competing with them!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They are only 3 points ahead, and that is because they beat us. Beat them at our place and we're the same, so yes, yes we are sticking with them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Certainly not as this is one tough league indeed....long way to go and we're doing brilliantly with the injury list growing every week it seems.still in first gear and these games we would of drawn last season.

Looking very good indeed :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We're playing for the title. If we fall just short, we'll end up second. But if you aim for second and fail, you're losing in the play-offs again. I have no doubt that we have a dressing room of players with the ambition of being Champions this season, and the quality is in there.

Newcastle have the strongest team and squad in the division but do they have the best team? Prove it.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Realistically, yes. Newcastle taken 31 points from last 12 games, heading for well north of 100. They have such a strong squad I can't even see them letting up for more than a couple of games at a time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're not going to finish above Newcastle. But if they can sweep all before them along the way, then that can only help us hang on to their coat-tails.

D

Deleted member 2719

It all depends on the January transfer window IMO.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Realistically, yes. Newcastle taken 31 points from last 12 games, heading for well north of 100. They have such a strong squad I can't even see them letting up for more than a couple of games at a time.

They've already lost more league games than us this season :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
4:00 I thought we were playing for fourth.
Like that MK Dons miss and Wolves goal (V Burnley) last March, the two goals today at Wigan (68 mins) & Norwich (75 mins) swung it fours points to us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here