Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans conduct

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Fresh back from serving my NSC ban for stating the truth about Ched.

Here's a quote from the Police:

Northumbria police and crime commissioner Ms Baird, who was instrumental in bringing about the change in law, added: "The only difference between a clear conviction of Mr Evans in 2012 and the absolute refusal of him having any leave to appeal at that time, and his acquittal now, is that he has called some men to throw discredit on [the woman's] sexual reputation.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37666228

Fellas. If a girl is really out of it and you are unsure. Be a man and leave it til she can give consent without any doubt.

That is all...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I suggest you tread VERY carefully here. I'm really not sure why you started this thread at all unless it was to try and prove a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suggest you tread VERY carefully here. I'm really not sure why you started this thread at all unless it was to try and prove a point.

What he posted was libellous, not the 'truth'. Nsc doesn't need the hassle.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Align yourself with Ched Evans if you wish.

It's nothing to do with aligning with any side. If you want to post libelous stuff then do it on your own Facebook page or your Twitter. Don't drag NSC into it. Given you've posted a grand total of 37 times in 7 years I suggest you bring nothing to the party and should just eff off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fellas. If a girl is really out of it and you are unsure. Be a man and leave it til she can give consent without any doubt.

That is all...

And we can all agree that he has well & truly suffered for his appalling behaviour that night

He is not a rapist though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Northumbria police and crime commissioner Ms Baird, who was instrumental in bringing about the change in law, added: "The only difference between a clear conviction of Mr Evans in 2012 and the absolute refusal of him having any leave to appeal at that time, and his acquittal now, is that he has called some men to throw discredit on [the woman's] sexual reputation.

That is all...

But you don't know if she was 'out of it' - none of us do, so none of us can say either way for sure. That's why I don't get this 'team' mentality people on both sides seem to have taken on. There was enough doubt in the story for them to find him not guilty though, so deal with it... It was never a 'clear conviction' and it is a muddy 'not-guilty' - that's life - only he knows the truth and possibly her - but even then it's probably a case of opinion. I'm quite sure he believes in his own mind he's definately not guilty...

Basically, we'll never know.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But you don't know if she was 'out of it' - none of us do, so none of us can say either way for sure. That's why I don't get this 'team' mentality people on both sides seem to have taken on. There was enough doubt in the story for them to find him not guilty though, so deal with it... It was never a 'clear conviction' and it is a muddy 'not-guilty' - that's life - only he knows the truth and possibly her - but even then it's probably a case of opinion. I'm quite sure he believes in his own mind he's definately not guilty...

Basically, we'll never know.

There's no point in debating with him. He feels hard done by for being banned.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Hey everyone. What's with the rabid abuse - eff off, keep it that way... I thought this was a civilised board where conduct was monitored.

It's strange how angry and abusive people get about defending Ched and his actions.

Maybe my post before was too strong and I've no intention of causing problems for NSC.

However I do think as adult men we need to take our responsibilities to women seriously. I feel it was important to highlight the issues.

Anyways be rude and abusive on your keyboards to me if yer like - no harm.

It's not like I'll be hurt, debased or pyschologically harmed by it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hey everyone. What's with the rabid abuse - eff off, keep it that way... I thought this was a civilised board where conduct was monitored.

It's strange how angry and abusive people get about defending Ched and his actions.

Maybe my post before was too strong and I've no intention of causing problems for NSC.

However I do think as adult men we need to take our responsibilities to women seriously. I feel it was important to highlight the issues.

Anyways be rude and abusive on your keyboards to me if yer like - no harm.

It's not like I'll be hurt, debased or pyschologically harmed by it!

You haven't been abused. I am not angry, and I'm a woman.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given that it was the truth, there'll be no problem with you repeating it, right? Maybe your next ban will be longer.

Well he's got that wrong then.

Have you got some nasty history on your conscience?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

That is all...

If you are going to rely on a cut and paste job from the BBC website quoting Vera Baird's comments, in the spirit of fairness why not include the other half of the story which you have conveniently left out. Here you are:

Criminal barrister John Cooper QC insisted the new information allowed by the Court of Appeal had been relevant to the case.
'Inconsistencies and anomalies'
Ms Baird's comments did the jury a disservice, he added.
"We are dealing with juries in the 21st Century, men and women who understand ways of life and understand that allegations of rape like this need to be properly tested.
"We don't have and shouldn't have attitudes going back 30 or 40 years. These are modern juries, applying modern, proper standards we all uphold."
Don Hale, an investigative journalist whose work led to Mr Evans's retrial, said he hoped the case did not deter women coming forward to report sexual offences.
"That obviously wasn't the intention from anybody. This case was quite unusual. There was no crime scene, no DNA, no forensic [evidence].
"There was a whole list of inconsistencies and anomalies in this case that just weren't followed up.
"It was obvious to me that Ched was the subject of a miscarriage [of justice]."

Not so clear cut now is it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Which is entirely correct and admirable so why don't you stick to this and avoid being contentious and confrontational about a very sensitive subject (The Ched Evans case, in case you didn't realise)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Be a man and leave it til she can give consent without any doubt.

That is all...

"Be a man"? Or just don't be scum? It's not exactly difficult to work out whether there's total consent or not. Jesus, what a turn-on that must be if you're that much of a wrong 'un to not know. "Ooh, not sure they absolutely want to, how lovely"

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What's with the rabid abuse - eff off, keep it that way...

Because you clearly have an agenda - I'll bet you that if I look back at all 38 of your massive post count that most are about this topic and not the Albion !

Show me who has defended Evans' actions ? Even he has said his behaviour was unacceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here