Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever done better with less talent than Vinnie Jones?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great discussion in the office tonight. Reflecting on the fact that Vinnie Jones made a fortune from being not very good at football, and another one from being not very good at acting.

Heard him on the radio last week, and apparently he has now been in something like 97 films. Incredible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Vinnie wasnt great at football but wasnt awful either - did a job. acting wise its the same from the films we know, Lock stock and Snatch he's OK. the chap has done alot by a bit of talent and a lot of graft, so fair play to him?

looking at IMDB he has 93 credits and its mostly films you'll nver hear of, with pretty shitty ratings. thats what alot of actors do, they churn out films in the US and the "star" is probably the only major cost, and they arent earning millions.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I can imagine the conversation. How did the millionaire Vinny Jones do it? Such an average player that won numerous promotions, played in the Premier League, International football and won an FA Cup. I mean he’s just a working class oik that got lucky. Goes off to Hollywood and makes another fortune making loads of films. Some people have all the luck. Bet he thinks it's better than working on a building site.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember being in the North Stand while the Leeds players were warming up on the pitch before kickoff one sunny afternoon (the day of the 2-2 and that truly EPIC own goal by Chapman).

Anyway, Jones is right there in front of us kicking a ball around, and some bloke behind me shouts out "Oi Jones, you ugly CVNT". He turned to the North Stand and said "Yeah. Well I'm fvcking RICH and ugly"

Fair play.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No one has mentioned Jones's fellow Welshman, Robbie Savage. The beebs very own hb&b ;)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Great discussion in the office tonight. Reflecting on the fact that Vinnie Jones made a fortune from being not very good at football, and another one from being not very good at acting.

Heard him on the radio last week, and apparently he has now been in something like 97 films. Incredible.

David Beckham ? couldn't tackle, head the ball or dribble but took every free kick and corner England had for about 8 years...... Michel Platini - 41 goals in 72 matches for France, David Beckham - 17 goals in 115 matches for England. Platini = fat French Bloke. Beckham = England Hero ...Er ?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
David Beckham ? couldn't tackle, head the ball or dribble but took every free kick and corner England had for about 8 years...... Michel Platini - 41 goals in 72 matches for France, David Beckham - 17 goals in 115 matches for England. Platini = fat French Bloke. Beckham = England Hero ...Er ?

Very blinkered viewpoint. Was clearly England's best player for several years and was different class for Man Utd between 1997 - 2002

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very blinkered viewpoint. Was clearly England's best player for several years and was different class for Man Utd between 1997 - 2002

It's not much to ask to be Englands best player for several years..... also.......

Beckham 265 appearances , 62 goals for Man Utd 1992-2003

Platini, 285 appearances, 156 goals for Nancy + St Etienne 1972-1982.

Looks like you have bought in to the hype too.

oh, career statistics, Beckham 523 club games, 97 goals

Fat French bloke, 432 club games, 224 goals.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As well as being a fantastic footballer, Platini is also a shrewd businessman. After hanging up his boots he's done very well in being handsomely paid by FIFA for Christ knows what.

Oh hang on, we were extolling his virtues as a footballer :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sam Smith, how did any A&R every think "thats what we want, the most nasal singer ever".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great actor

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here