Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Villa, Promise being kept

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hello North Stand Chat It sure has been sometime since I ventured onto this forum and posted much of anything. But I wanted to make a post as a good amount of you know me and a bit about how I ended up here. I won't bore everyone with the long story but the short version I am a born and bred Canadian that supports Aston Villa (i wanted an excuse to drink more) and I met an Englishmen who was a life long Brighton fan about 10 years ago in my home town. He got me into the football proper and encouraged me to travel over to England to watch football. However, before I could he passed away from an aneurysm/stroke in Jan 2011 but since then I have made 5 treks to England to watch Villa and Brighton (was at the last match at Withdean amoung others).

Before he passed I promised I would be there the next time Villa played Brighton and so here we are now. Making a short 5 day trek over form Canada and got my ticket sorted in the away end. Going to be a great (if maybe a bit emotional in a good way). Looking forward to it and hopefully have some time to have a swift pint with some of you i've met over the years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Welcome back, I clearly remember the very sad events that you are referring to. Have a great day, I'm sure it will be very emotional for you.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Posts like this are why I love NSC even though it hacks me off and annoys me in equal measure! Hope you enjoy your stay and have fond memories of your mate who sadly is no longer able to enjoy it with you.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hello North Stand Chat It sure has been sometime since I ventured onto this forum and posted much of anything. But I wanted to make a post as a good amount of you know me and a bit about how I ended up here. I won't bore everyone with the long story but the short version I am a born and bred Canadian that supports Aston Villa (i wanted an excuse to drink more) and I met an Englishmen who was a life long Brighton fan about 10 years ago in my home town. He got me into the football proper and encouraged me to travel over to England to watch football. However, before I could he passed away from an aneurysm/stroke in Jan 2011 but since then I have made 5 treks to England to watch Villa and Brighton (was at the last match at Withdean amoung others).

Before he passed I promised I would be there the next time Villa played Brighton and so here we are now. Making a short 5 day trek over form Canada and got my ticket sorted in the away end. Going to be a great (if maybe a bit emotional in a good way). Looking forward to it and hopefully have some time to have a swift pint with some of you i've met over the years.

Nice post, and I hope you enjoy the game.

Where in Canada are you from?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can't believe its been that long since he passed - I remember him from the NSC poker nights, and I remember you posting to tell us the sad news.

Enjoy the game. :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Welcome back, I clearly remember the very sad events that you are referring to. Have a great day, I'm sure it will be very emotional for you.

Same here.

Hope you enjoy the game ... as long as the right team wins :)

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
It's alway's been a place on my must see list. Was it settled by a lot of Scandinavians?

Thats rather surprising. Most people never even heard of it let alone want to visit! But yes lots of Scando's. Largest settlers were Finnish. Outside of Helsinki Finland we have the next largest Finnish population in the world.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Welcome back Peever. You're the sort of friend everybody could do with.

Defrocked Priest - gone too soon but not forgotten :drink:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thats rather surprising. Most people never even heard of it let alone want to visit! But yes lots of Scando's. Largest settlers were Finnish. Outside of Helsinki Finland we have the next largest Finnish population in the world.

It was the location that caught my interest being on one of the Great Lakes and I love watching lightning over the water so I guess that's what stuck in my memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here