Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - Does he start against Wigan?

Does Knockaert Start?

• YES - Play your strongest team!

Votes: 99 75.0%
  • NO - Norwich at home is more important, don't risk him.

Votes: 33 25.0%

• Total voters

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
On 4 yellow cards, 1 away from a suspension with Norwich to come after. Does Hughton risk him getting a yellow or save him for Norwich?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd certainly play him. He might not get booked. He might get injured just as easily too. But he's our talisman and dropping him is unthinkable.

Even in horses for courses mode I'd play him. Away from home it is Wigan's obligation to have a go at us and they are far less likely to double team him. He is so dangerous on the break too. Norwich will undoubtedly mark him tight if he's playing but that may well create room to run at their centre backs who I don't fancy. However - if needed Skalak and Murphy could exploit them too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
3 points from Wigan counts the same as 3 points from Norwich you know.

Not quite...it would mean Norwich got 0 points as well. Our results against the top teams last year weren't great. We need to rectify this to get promoted. Wigan is an important game but Norwich even more so.
Also, this is a squad game and we have able replacements. It begs the question, if you wouldn't rest him for Wigan whilst on 4 yellows with Norwich the following week then when would you rest him ?

Stumpy Tim

Nope. He's played a lot of football so could do with a break, he's not as effective away from home anyway, and Norwich is a HUGE game. Murphy and Skalak for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pocognoli start on the left actually - not something I would do, but wouldn't surprise me

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think the Norwich game is pivotal.... so I would rest him.... we have enough to get past Wigan... not easily, but enough.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No.

We want our absolute best team out against Norwich.
I hate to use the phrase, but it's a 6-pointer.

Eliminate the risk of no Knocky in the team, rest him against Wigan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think the Norwich game is pivotal.... so I would rest him.... we have enough to get past Wigan... not easily, but enough.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

so stick him on the bench and bring him on if we are struggling is what your saying ?

I would go with that option at the moment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't start him, but would bring him on if we go behind, or if we are not winning with 30 mins to go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope. He's played a lot of football so could do with a break, he's not as effective away from home anyway, and Norwich is a HUGE game. Murphy and Skalak for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pocognoli start on the left actually - not something I would do, but wouldn't surprise me

He had a break recently and was very effective at Hillsborough. I say play him. Wigan have only lost one game at home this season, so we don't want to settle for a draw, but to win.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
3 points is 3 points where ever you get them - lets try to get them at Wigan and then take the next game as it comes with the team available for that game

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If he's rested at wigan so he can play against norwich and we lose both the call would be why did we rest him v wigan , if he's fit he plays imo .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Put him on the bench and see if we need him with 20 minutes to go.
In fact if we are winning by 1 goal with 15 minutes to go bring him on to get another while Wigan are flying forward rather than go defensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here