Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pink Floyd 1967-72 BBC4 Tonight

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A Prog Rock evening beckons starting at 9 PM with an hour of my favourite Floyd Era, hopefully we will be treated to the whole of Atom Heart Mother... :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Echoes live at Pompeii *drools*

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe some early jems, such as

The Committee
Corporal Clegg
Moonhead
La Vallee
Baby Blue Shuffle in D Major

we shall see but one not to miss

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good heads up, hoping to see Jugband Blues and Bike, which I vaguely recall seeing years ago on the BBC

I'm not sure there is a full length Atom Heart Mother film out there is there? If there is I would really love to see it, possibly my all time favourite Pink Floyd track.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A Prog Rock evening beckons starting at 9 PM with an hour of my favourite Floyd Era, hopefully we will be treated to the whole of Atom Heart Mother... :moo:
They debuted (if that's the word) it at the Bath Festival (fore-runner of Glastonbury) in 1970. Brought a full orchestra and choir down for the occasion. Played it (unannounced) at dawn. Woke me and my girlfriend up. Well pissed off we were - too cramped and cold to get back to sleep!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I love Atom Heart Mother, but also very fond of A Saucerful of Secrets. Meddle too is a fine album.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Show's going well. Have to say I'm not too keen on the early stuff. First I heard was when they played Animals on the Friday Rock Show. Stuff I prefer is Meddle, WYWH, Animals and the Wall. Echo what's been said about Echoes. There's a film with that as the soundtrack, rolling waves etc.Crystal Voyager.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hadn't realise Jimmy Hill was in the Moody Blues. Hats off to him!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, the Bonzos. Through the ventricles of my heart :O

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports