Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous things that you can (but can't really) attribute to Brexit

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
In line with the popular (or should that be unpopular) media just making up stuff that can be blamed or attributed to Brexit, good and bad.

I'll start....

Since Brexit my socks have more holes in them, particularly around the toe area, I am fairly sure it s due to the wider economic concerns caused undoubtedly by Brexit. :rant:

Also since Brexit it has been unseasonably dry, probably due to the new cloud border we now have with France. Thank you Brexit. :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In line with the popular (or should that be unpopular) media just making up stuff that can be blamed or attributed to Brexit, good and bad.

I'll start....

Since Brexit my socks have more holes in them, particularly around the toe area, I am fairly sure it s due to the wider economic concerns caused undoubtedly by Brexit. :rant:

Also since Brexit it has been unseasonably dry, probably due to the new cloud border we now have with France. Thank you Brexit. :)

Not a surprise, you are having to keep them for longer as the price of clothing is rising due to the collapse of the Pound and will rise further post-Brexit......

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
TV Series that insist on going on after they should have called it a day on a high eg. Cold Feet and The Fall. Trying to prove the quality of Brit progs v all the high quality Nordic and European stuff.

I blame the flipping Brexiteers.

Fruit farmers in Kent demanding that the government come up with a relaxation of the rules restricting non-EU immigration to compensate for the inevitable decline in the number of Eastern Europeans willing to move to Kent to pick fruit.

Ridiculous? But true.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Geese migrating south for winter.

Bloody gooses, coming here for summer, invading our rivers, stealing our food, attacking our children. Sort it out May ffs.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

:)

Would this be the same media that across the board didn't mention any of the possible economic repercussions during the six months prior to the referendum - and just talked about immigrants? Sounds like they have got it wrong both ways.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Fruit farmers in Kent demanding that the government come up with a relaxation of the rules restricting non-EU immigration to compensate for the inevitable decline in the number of Eastern Europeans willing to move to Kent to pick fruit.

Ridiculous? But true.

They just need to bus in loads of unemployed Mackems, Welsh and Cornish who have signed their own death warrants...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
A ridiculous thing you can attribute to Brexit is the national outbreak of burying heads in sand; let's all pretend that everything will be just fine...

Jan 30, 2008
why are we still in the EU, what's the hold up , voted out and out we go, time to start issuing the EU with ULTIMATUMS , let's put the GREAT back into Great Britain :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
This joke wasn't funny the first time.

I'll go: A massive increase in the number of people making stupid jokes that trivialise the hardship of people who are actually losing out because of Brexit.
short term yes, unfortunately that was going to happen with change, THE EU IS DYING ON IT'S FEET un electable bureaucrats telling us how to run our lives !! couldn't make it up
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here