Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian warships passing through English Channel will we be able to see them ?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
14712914_10154461404586351_543421783821395915_o.jpg

Thar she blows! (Looks like the head gaskets gone, though)

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
My last RN ship would have made mincemeat of that dirty knackered old Russian heap of shite, HMS Cumberland F85 affectionately known as 'The fighting Sausage'. A bloody awesome ship and sadly decommissioned in 2011, now scrapped and probably made into razor blades and other such crap :( A couple of her mahoosive Harpoon missiles would have sunk the Ruskie in no time at all.

Affiliated with amongst other organisations, Roedean Girls School!! What fun they had when they occasionally visited the ship :whistle:

f85_unk_a.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My last RN ship would have made mincemeat of that dirty knackered old Russian heap of shite,

i wonder if HMS Belfast might do a job. the whole willy waving by Russia has only really shown they have a one carrier thats smoking its way south to winter in the Med. Russia is not the force it once was, i know we;re short on carriers but what we have is probably all a generation better spec, and when we get the carriers will have twice the power or Russia.

and someone said the RN sent out some salvage tugs... please tell me that really happened, that would be a superb British style two fingers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
i wonder if HMS Belfast might do a job. the whole willy waving by Russia has only really shown they have a one carrier thats smoking its way south to winter in the Med. Russia is not the force it once was, i know we;re short on carriers but what we have is probably all a generation better spec, and when we get the carriers will have twice the power or Russia.

and someone said the RN sent out some salvage tugs... please tell me that really happened, that would be a superb British style two fingers.

Well we may (eventually) have a couple of carriers but will have no aircraft to fly off them, it might have been a bright idea not to scrap the Harriers?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Russians have embarrassed themselves there.

It's a bit like cruising up the high street in a 1986 Vauxhall Nova with a dodgy exhaust.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ex Russian MP on BBC this morning, sounded like they're ready for war!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That ship wasn't ready for war yesterday. Smoke pouring out of it and I walked faster than it could move.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we may (eventually) have a couple of carriers but will have no aircraft to fly off them, it might have been a bright idea not to scrap the Harriers?
We are now going to borrow US Marine F-35s, as ours won't be in service for a few years.

Of course the F35 is 5th generation stealth and a little better than a Harrier.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
But when it eventually reaches it's destination probably ready to launch air strikes on hospitals...unfortunately.

Debatable, this is the Russians only aging aircraft carrier and they have no history of being able to run a successful carrier based strike operation. In fact they have very few pilots qualified to even take off and land on this carrier such is their inexperience. It is all for show, the Su-33s displayed on the flightdeck are more likely to take off and base themselves at the Russian airbase in Syria where of course they will be free to launch air strikes on hospitals etc. I very much doubt whether you will see anything other than helicopters deploying from the Kuznetzov - no doubt loaded with barrel bombs to kill even more innocent Syrians.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here