Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jacob Rees Mogg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wonder is there a politician in recent times that can rival Mogg and his astounding knowledge of parliamentary procedure and has also managed to easily explain such procedures to the general public like he is capable of.
The last guy i remember that had this gift was Tony Benn.
It seems he is now the go to guy for the major news channels on procedure.
Is he the Brian cox of politics?
he is fast becoming one of my fav MP`s alongside Dennis Skinner and Hilary Benn as cracking assets to our parliament, someone that crosses the divide and gains respect from all sides.

any other moggers?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I wonder is there a politician in recent times that can rival Mogg and his astounding knowledge of parliamentary procedure and has also managed to easily explain such procedures to the general public like he is capable of.
The last guy i remember that had this gift was Tony Benn.
It seems he is now the go to guy for the major news channels on procedure.
Is he the Brian cox of politics?
he is fast becoming one of my fav MP`s alongside Dennis Skinner and Hilary Benn as cracking assets to our parliament, someone that crosses the divide and gains respect from all sides.

any other moggers?

Count me in.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's also the poshest man in the universe.

that is a good call

it is impossible to find anyone posher than him.....
possibly Noel Coward whilst filming in which we serve.....but certainly no one in the current age

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As he's a vocal opponent of same-sex marriages and keen supporter of zero hours contracts I oppose him.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
He's also the poshest man in the universe.

Despite his poshness he appears to be able to cross the class boundaries with his ability to talk common sense & explain complex things in simple terms & language. A good egg in my book

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Despite his poshness he appears to be able to cross the class boundaries with his ability to talk common sense & explain complex things in simple terms & patronising language. A good egg in my book

Here, I've corrected you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Son of Lord Rees-Mogg.
Went to Eton
Went to Oxford and became president of the Oxford University Conservative Association
Worked in the City
Successfully became an MP unlike his sister Annunziata
Supports zero hours contracts
Says he's 'not proud' of gay marriage being made legal

It's a 'no' from me.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
He claims that he often gets called the honourable member for the 17th century, and that's from his friends!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Son of Lord Rees-Mogg.
Went to Eton
Went to Oxford and became president of the Oxford University Conservative Association
Worked in the City
Successfully became an MP unlike his sister Annunziata
Supports zero hours contracts
Says he's 'not proud' of gay marriage being made legal

It's a 'no' from me.

What have you got against the first 5 in that list?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Would Jacob Rees-Mogg be exactly where he is now and had the life he's enjoyed, had he been born in the same town as me, with a father working the same profession mine did, gone to the same school as me, and ended up as President of the Oxford University Conservative Association, worked in the city, founded his own investment firm and ended up in Westminster as part of the elite? I think not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here