Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just helping Mrs F fill in a job application, and this question came up.

What's the biggest risk an NSCer has taken? Be it in the workplace, financial, personal life etc.

Go.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Overtaking at 120mph on a bend (nearly killed myself) - lots of driving risks taken

Criminal acts

Dangerous liasons

Standard stuff

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1: getting married after 6 months of knowing the now wife.
2: going to palace on my own 84 at the tender age of 15
3: walking back into a night club to confront nazi scooter boys who had beaten up all my other scooter club mates and the bouncers because I did not want the fear of them chasing me and getting me at a later date....
4: using a footbridge over a dual cartridge way in Stoke as monkey bars whilst drunk.... I did get across four lanes God knows how.
5: driving home drunk after a gig in Derby back to Manchester, the scary part was we (yes passengers) woke up in Penrith !!

A lot of shame there.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not proud of it and I guess I was in a very dark place subconsciously but it was on a night out a few years ago whilst waiting for a train at Three Bridges to Brighton. The conversation went quiet and as a dare I said I'd jump across the railway line when a train was coming. I'd been drinking for most of the day and everyone was telling me not to do it. A couple of girls were crying, begging me not to risk my life but I got down on the line, carefully not touching the line with my feet otherwise I was a goner and stopping, waving at the incoming train. The driver hooted - it wasn't stopping and it was going about 100mph but I pulled myself up onto another platform quite calmly, just in time. It wasn't until after and the nightmares when I was asleep of dreaming that I'd died how f*ck*ng stupid I'd been. Ruined the night out as I got taken home by one of the girls and she knew I had no fear of dying. I didnt either. Terrible, Terrible time. I knew then I HAD to seek proper, professional help because I would probably have played Russian roulette again.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Throwing a metal umbrella 'core' across the live and 'neutral' rail at Patcham causing a blinding flash and a 2hr delay Victoria - Brighton line.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stealing a hook from b n q

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A hook?
Did you get ' caught ' ? ???
[emoji23] I only needed 1 and refused to buy a pack of 5, spent an hour pacing up and down the aisle and bought a candle I didn't want so it didn't look suspicious. It was only when I was sitting in my car outside I realised a life of crime was not for me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[emoji23] I only needed 1 and refused to buy a pack of 5, spent an hour pacing up and down the aisle and bought a candle I didn't want so it didn't look suspicious. It was only when I was sitting in my car outside I realised a life of crime was not for me.

How much was the candle and how much were the pack of hooks?
Just a thought ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here