Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darts at the Amex tonight.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Slipped my attention but I see that Phil 'the power' Taylor is playing against Gary 'the flying scotsman' Anderson at the Amex this evening.

Anyone made it up there to watch? Decent turnout? Looks like it could be an enjoyable evening, sorry I missed it......

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
darts group.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I done the first event a few months ago, mainly as Sky pulled out of Brighton this year. Bit boring. Mainly money money money. VIP guests who paid extra got to meet & greet the players whilst they sat at a table and we filed past. Signature and a selfie. Then the professional photo at very high price. The auction of signed shirts going for £300 plus. I got the distinct feeling the players were under contract to do these nights but they all preferred to be elsewhere.
The only good bit was that it was table service on a tab with idiots serving. Lots of beer but a tab for under £10 when I asked for my bill. Paid up, left a tip, and ran.
Good news is Sky Darts is back in Brighton next February.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Uwe & Stockdale playing pairs apparently...

These events are indeed contracted ones. Modus I think. They are what they are really.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Awful event. Uwe and Stockers playing was entertaining but randomers from the crowd? Poor. There should have been more of Anderson vs Taylor and less of the rubbish compere and the amateurs on the stage. Nonsense. Very disappointing for £30.

I am going in December, and went to the first event. They are proper darts events but this tonight was rubbish.

Applause for the deceased Thai King was one thing, but singing happy birthday to some 18 year old nobody? Laughable.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Awful event. Uwe and Stockers playing was entertaining but randomers from the crowd? Poor. There should have been more of Anderson vs Taylor and less of the rubbish compere and the amateurs on the stage. Nonsense. Very disappointing for £30.

I am going in December, and went to the first event. They are proper darts events but this tonight was rubbish.

Applause for the deceased Thai King was one thing, but singing happy birthday to some 18 year old nobody? Laughable.
It never really sounded like it would be any good.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here