Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nintendo Switch

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nintendo have announced a new console coming out March 2017 called the Nintendo 'Switch' which will basically be a home console you can detach from a docking unit and use as a portable console. A new 3D Mario will be released along with it.

Shit name potentially interesting concept.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Nintendo have announced a new console coming out March 2017 called the Nintendo 'Switch' which will basically be a home console you can detach from a docking unit and use as a portable console. A new 3D Mario will be released along with it.

Shit name potentially interesting concept.

That sounds quality, any ideas on price?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That looks pretty good. I like what they're doing with the portable console concept. I might be tempted to buy one, assuming it's not too expensive.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Depending on price I will probably get one, being able to use it separately away from the TV will be great for single television households.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Looks like I'll be getting a Nintendo 'home' console for the first time in a while.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I've got to be honest, it will depend on price and reviews and the game catalogue for me, but the trailer makes it look very impressive.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That sounds quality, any ideas on price?

Rumours on FB that t will be $299 (in the states i guess) but due to the exchange rate fluctuations recently, who knows what it will this country as the £ could be anything by the predicted Spring launch

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I bet the battery life will be poor which will make a portable consel pretty much useless with the battery life it will need to make
Top quality games.

I do find it a very interesting concept though. Back to cartridges for games and using the ability to create 2 mini controllers on the go.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks like a thick 7" tablet with very oversized docking station/charger. cant quite decide if this means it will be a underpowered console or shows how much power you can get in tablet form.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure about this one. It will rely on the games and it's quality when at home, I just do not see it's mobility being that useful, how long can the battery possibly last at the implied level of quality on the advert?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I guess it could have the ability to scale-down the quality whilst being away from the dock, but I'd be surprised if that capability was compatible without having to relaunch the games. The video looks like you can just unplug it and keep playing, same quality and speed.

You can get some pretty impressive games on tablets now, but I'm very dubious about this. I hope I'm wrong but I expect it to be far behind the PS and XBOX in terms of capability. Graphics etc aren't everything, and lots of Nintendo classics get by fine with less power, so fingers crossed!

Slightly off topic (not worthy of its own thread), has anyone seen the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here