Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa the Largest League Away Support at the Amex?

We charge £34 for an adult away ticket? That's disgusting.

It's awful isn't it.

Just think, for only £6 more you could watch a great club like Leeds.

I hear the seats there are very comfortable, there are no pillars to obstruct your view and as it's out of town, they also provide complimentary bus, train or park and ride facilities. As they are challenging at the right end of the table too, I think this is much better value. Also consider that the demand from the home fans at Leeds will be so high, they will need to charge a higher price, as there might not be enough space for home fans......

Tit

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well I'm getting dressed up for it anyway, even if nobody else does.

p026z1m6.jpg

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Largest (League) away followings:

Norwich City 3/4/15 - 3,214
Watford 25/4/15 - 3,199
Fulham 29/11/14 - 3,003
Brentford 17/1/14 - 2,787
Sheffield Wednesday 9/8/14 - 2,667
Crystal Palace 17/3/13 - 2,661

There have been two away followings higher than Norwich, both Arsenal, both in the FA Cup (4,449 in 14/15 and 3,880 in 12/13)

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's awful isn't it.

Just think, for only £6 more you could watch a great club like Leeds.

I hear the seats there are very comfortable, there are no pillars to obstruct your view and as it's out of town, they also provide complimentary bus, train or park and ride facilities. As they are challenging at the right end of the table too, I think this is much better value. Also consider that the demand from the home fans at Leeds will be so high, they will need to charge a higher price, as there might not be enough space for home fans......

Tit

And your point is? Football is a sport for working class people, who are slowly being priced out of going away.

Don't call someone a tit when you're making yourself look like one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shame we have given them more than 10%, would be great if they got the most they're allowed (10%?) and the rest of the crowd was all Albion fans.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
TV game, won't fill the ground will we, sadly understandable.

And your point is? Football is a sport for working class people, who are slowly being priced out of going away.

The pricing has been in place since last season.

You are a tit for thinking it's disgusting as it implies our club are over charging. My example in my initial reply, although tongue in cheek actually highlights the value the ticket offers.

Football is not a sport for the working class. It's for all classes, working, students, middle and retired. Some can afford it, some can't. The rights and wrongs of this has been discussed to death. £12 is disgusting to get into a bar in the east stand. £34 for a ticket with our facilities and travel included is not disgusting. If you continue to think it is, I will continue to think you are a tit.

Jan 30, 2008
the pricing has been in place since last season.

You are a tit for thinking it's disgusting as it implies our club are over charging. My example in my initial reply, although tongue in cheek actually highlights the value the ticket offers.

Football is not a sport for the working class. It's for all classes, working, students, middle and retired. Some can afford it, some can't. The rights and wrongs of this has been discussed to death. £12 is disgusting to get into a bar in the east stand. £34 for a ticket with our facilities and travel included is not disgusting. If you continue to think it is, i will continue to think you are a tit.
drama queen :shrug:
regards
DR

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
A guy at work has been told he has to move seats for the game to allow for the extra allocation.

To be fair his seats are complimentary so he can't complain!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We should recognise that's a great effort from the Villa fans for a Friday night TV game. It is a new ground for them of course and a chance for a weekend away. But you'd need the afternoon off work to travel from the Midlands, and you couldn't get back that night by train. And they've been seriously **** for a few years now.

We took a lot there in the Cup a few years ago (6k?) but it was a Saturday 3pm and the biggest game we'd had in a long time.

PG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If only football WAS still a working class game. I used to love standing in the chicken run at the Goldstone, eating my half time steak & gristle pie, and washing it down with bovril.

Alas the money men have taken over, and those days are long gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here