Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test Match - Bangladesh v England

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
England won the toss and batted and are currently 140-5.

Ben Duckett makes his debut for England, who play 3 spinners including the 39 year old Gareth Batty, playing his first test for 11 years.

Bangladesh

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Mominul Haque
Sabbir Rahman
Mohammad Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim(c)(wk)
Mehedi Hasan
Taijul Islam
Shafiul Islam
Kamrul Islam Rabbi

England

Alastair Cook(c)
Ben Duckett
Joe Root
Gary Ballance
Moeen Ali
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow(wk)
Chris Woakes
Adil Rashid
Stuart Broad
Gareth Batty

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
173-5 at tea on day one.

Moeen 61, Bairstow 26.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I read that and I can't understand how they are allowed five reviews? How many reviews are you allowed in cricket?

2 reset after 80 overs but provided your review is not overturned you keep the 2 reviews.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It gives you some insight into the pitch when TMS are whispering we are a seamer heavy, with 3!

Although two of them are decent batsmen and there's not too many of those that are English.

I think this is about as good a selection England could have made in the circumstances. To have 3 seamers and 3 spinners in these conditions will give our bowlers time to recharge.

If we can get 250 with only 6 down tonight then Cook will be a happy man, and if we can get up to 300 England will be in a strong position.

Nice stat on Cricinfo - Ali and Bairstow have notched their 6th half-century partnership for the 6th wicket this calendar year, apparently that's a record for lower order partnerships 6th wicket or below in a year, a testament to England's long batting line-up. If only the opening pair were capable of posting 6 such partnerships in a year...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
*note to self* Keep an eye on SkySportsMix as sometimes they have stuff on I want to watch!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
10 off the first over with the second new ball. Useful runs.

These two have put on 43 with Woakes the partnership daddy. England have almost dug themselves out of their 21-3 hole.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At least Rashid will get a chance to see what the wicket's doing first hand.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My gut feeling is that England have done OK. Bangladesh will be looking to skittle out England in the first hour tomorrow, England will be looking to reach lunch still batting. With all 11 players having scored first class centuries this might happen, and Batty and Broad will relish the opportunity to help see England put another 100 runs on their overnight score.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here