Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most gut-wrenching 5 minutes of play?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've been away (Sorry Bozza, sorry everyone).

With the ball-shredding calamity of Preston fresh in mind, the last 5/6/7 minutes of Wolves with all them corners was the most hideously gonad-dissolving sustained period of play I can remember with our beloved team.

Has there been worse ever, for you, pray tell?

M

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've been away (Sorry Bozza, sorry everyone).

With the ball-shredding calamity of Preston fresh in mind, the last 5/6/7 minutes of Wolves with all them corners was the most hideously gonad-dissolving sustained period of play I can remember with our beloved team.

Has there been worse ever, for you, pray tell?

M

last 5 mins last night was painful.
Multiply that feeling by a million and thats what hereford was like......as the teams came out the Tunnel............that feeling got far worse after kick off.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Hereford.
Doncaster.
Most of the games in 97 when we were hanging onto a lead at the end.

Hereford was excruciatingly tense.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
last 5 mins last night was painful.
Multiply that feeling by a million and thats what hereford was like......as the teams came out the Tunnel............that feeling got far worse after kick off.

Yeah of course, that kind of puts the tin lid on any kind of angst! Doh [I must think before posting!]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah of course, that kind of puts the tin lid on any kind of angst! Doh [I must think before posting!]

it was a valid observation, with saturday so fresh in everyones mind you could feel the tension in the air during the last 5 minutes
great fun though......if you end up winning that is

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy next to me was basically having meltdown during the Wolves added time.

I thought I'd try and ease his tension by asking him "If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be".

He didn't answer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not for me Wolves never looked like scoring and never did.

But there's the possibility of a stupid fould, or a stupid referee seeing a foul that didn't happen to award a penalty, or a hapless own goal, or a lucky (unlucky for us) rebound.

But as someone who would normally leave before the final whistle, I didn't on Tuesday. My Brother said "You couldn't leave that before the end", and the tension and the relief when you come out ok is all part of the experience. Possibly more entertaining than seeing out a 2-0 lead against a team which might just be going through the motions.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Every milisecond after Leon Knight's goal at the Millenium Stadium in 2004.

Never has 10 minutes passed so slowly, my God. In fact could someone dig out that famous pic of Safeway live on Sky Sports :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here