Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WONDROUS Xmas Tat / Stocking Fillers In The Club Shop

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta love the club shop sometimes.

Aimlessly wandered around there last night, browsing for something to buy with me birthday voucher. Couldn't help but be impressed by the ZANY pocket money priced tat on offer. My personal favourites:

1. Rubber calculator / key-ring
2. Rubber duck floating in an inner tube
3. Groan tube - turn it up on one end, it groans. turn it up the other end, it, er, groans. Pretty addictive. Tried it out til started getting funny looks. Priceless.
4. Albion furry dice
897. Two copies of Atillaa's autobiography
898.Onesie's still there, hanging on a rack, unloved after all these years

What's YOUR favourites?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Any mustard coloured short sleeve pullovers?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The thing that gets me about the shop is the lack of old stock online.

this may sound odd, however at Reading (son supports them a little as his local team..and he is 6) if you go online you can pick up stuff from a couple of seasons ago at a massive discount. It means I was able to pick him up a decent (apart from the badge) rain jacket for him to wear at his football club for £7.50. A pretty much identical one from this season is £40.

The way I see it, I would near spend that much on what is ultimately a cheap jacket with a badge on it, but it is nice for the boy to have a football jacket when at his football club. As such they make £7.50 rather than lose £32.50. I don't know what we do with our old stock, but I would love to see something like that and think it could make us a fair bit more money

Also - love the groan tube description

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The thing that gets me about the shop is the lack of old stock online.

this may sound odd, however at Reading (son supports them a little as his local team..and he is 6) if you go online you can pick up stuff from a couple of seasons ago at a massive discount. It means I was able to pick him up a decent (apart from the badge) rain jacket for him to wear at his football club for £7.50. A pretty much identical one from this season is £40.

The way I see it, I would near spend that much on what is ultimately a cheap jacket with a badge on it, but it is nice for the boy to have a football jacket when at his football club. As such they make £7.50 rather than lose £32.50. I don't know what we do with our old stock, but I would love to see something like that and think it could make us a fair bit more money

Also - love the groan tube description

I though the club had an annual jumble sale under the North Stand to get shot of crap they can't sell?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I though the club had an annual jumble sale under the North Stand to get shot of crap they can't sell?

That happened once because Barber's predecessor had no idea of how much stock to order, so we were left with boxes and boxes of stuff.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gotta love the club shop sometimes.

Aimlessly wandered around there last night, browsing for something to buy with me birthday voucher. Couldn't help but be impressed by the ZANY pocket money priced tat on offer. My personal favourites:

3. Groan tube - turn it up on one end, it groans. turn it up the other end, it, er, groans.

They should do a 'Groan Tube' in the shape of the old West Stand at the Goldstone.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
20160822-102749-6791_420x315_w.jpg

:moo:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

This is like that but year long and online.

Some of us live a fair old distance away and can't make it down for the annual concourse sale :-(

Could fill the Christmas stockings with Albion tat. It would be glorious!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

I'm hoping this £3 item will point me in the correct direction when I'm out hiking. :)
Looks much better than my Silva compass.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
View attachment 78787

I'm hoping this £3 item will point me in the correct direction when I'm out hiking. :)
Looks much better than my Silva compass.

Is that so that people who don't have a smartphone can work out where the East Stand is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here