Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert v Vicente Rodriguez - Who is the Greatest?

So, who's the better BHAFC player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, we've had almost a season from The Little Magician... but who would you consider to the better (rather subjective I know) between him and The Dagger, Vicente Rodriguez...

We're considering their feats, contribution, influence for BHAFC, as Vicente achieved some much BEFORE he came here.

Let the debate begin.

Just to remind you

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
In my opinion in their prime Vicente was better... He was unbelievable especially during Valencia days however at the Amex I am edging towards Knockaert... I was sitting with my Dad yesterday when AK went on that run, he shouted "you can't do it all on your own" but AK proved him wrong!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We were fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of Vicente at the twilight of his career. IMHO, we're even more fortunate to catch Knockaert at his absolute peak. Very much doubt we'll be able to hang on to him for long, but we'll be reminiscing about him for years to come.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
They're both fantastic so too close to call for me.

And just when I think I've got over Vicente's time here, you go and show that wonderful montage again and I start blubbing!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Knockaert,and still with his best years to come,hopefully in the Prem with Albion.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I haven't done the stats, but I imagine Knocky has contribute to more points/assists/goals per game than Vicente did.
But I do love Vicente, he wasn't around for long but will probably be my all time favourite Albion player.

So I would say Knocky has done better at the Albion.
But my personal favourite is Vicente.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would say Vicente.

When he came to us it was the start of this amazing journey we have been on. I was amazed that a man of his stature arrived. I would also say that without that signing we may not be where we are as it gave us as fans and as a club a taste of the flairtastic. We were instantly fixated. Yes most of his achievements were before he came here, but that made it just so much more special and more of a coup

Knockers is great, he is also frustrating at times. he also was released from a team in the top division and wasn't able to break through there. He is an incredible player, a great bloke and seems to love the team, however Vicente just shades it because what he did before influenced how we felt when he arrived

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Vicente in his prime was streets ahead of Knockeart. Vicente who played for us is probably not quite as good as Knockeart IMO, deciding factor for me being AK's work rate.

I also enjoy watching Knockeart more.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think I LOVED The Dagger even more than I do Knocky because he was the first player I had seen playing like that for Brighton in more than 30 years...

But Knocky is obviously much fitter and contributes far more - so he is better/greater than the Albion Vicente was.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I would say Vicente.

When he came to us it was the start of this amazing journey we have been on. I was amazed that a man of his stature arrived. I would also say that without that signing we may not be where we are as it gave us as fans and as a club a taste of the flairtastic. We were instantly fixated. Yes most of his achievements were before he came here, but that made it just so much more special and more of a coup

Knockers is great, he is also frustrating at times. he also was released from a team in the top division and wasn't able to break through there. He is an incredible player, a great bloke and seems to love the team, however Vicente just shades it because what he did before influenced how we felt when he arrived

He wasn't released from Leicester, as they offered him a new contract, but he chose to go to Belgium, because it was near his home when his father was ill.

Too close to call for me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In terms of influence on the team and games, it's Knockaert.

He is younger, has pace and energy and is at the peak of his powers.

However, Vicente was the better footballer. The guy could beat 4 or 5 people with very little pace. That showed what a talent he was. Still can't get my head round the fact he played for us. Joyful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vicente was a world class player and even when he played with us he would have graced any Prem team outside of the Top 6.

Knocky is clearly the best since and could be our most important player since Zamora.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
One was an international, Spanish player of the year, won the Spanish league and a European cup
The other I suspect is not a household name in his home country

Vincente to many injuries we only saw fleating glimpses of his greatness but he reached heights no other Brighton player ever has.

Knockhart is a fantastic player consistently the best player on the pitch he may one day reach the heights of Vincente but not yet

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I would say Vicente.

Seconded.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
BBC sport says Knockaert has ZERO assists so far.

That doesn't feel right.

Is it right?

It can't be right.

It might be right!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is so tough.

In terms of career achievement, it's Vicente all the way. I remember three or four mates messaging me when we signed him, absolutely gobsmacked that such a player was coming to Albion. Some of the cameos we witnessed when he was here were simply MAGNIFICENT. The fact that he is best remembered for something that didn't even end up as a goal, speaks volumes. They key word with Vicente & Albion though, is 'cameo'.

He never had a run in the team, or influenced a whole series of games, which brings us to Knockaert.

I am CONVINCED that if we had signed him at the start of last season, we would be a Premier League club now. He has galvanised the whole club and the place comes alive when he's on the ball. The big difference is his consistency. He's doing it week in, week out, something that Vicente never did.

Imagine if we had them BOTH in the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here