BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it will be a difficult game that we need to win so:

Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy....Goldson....Bong
Knockaert....Sidwell....Norwood....Pocognoli
Baldock.....Murray​

If Bruno not fit Goldson at right back and Uwe in at CB.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why Pocognoli left wing ? makes no sense.

If Bruno out then Hunt
Goldson CB
Hemed for Murray as GM can have a week off.
Would honestly be tempted to rest Knocky as cant have him suspended for Norwich.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If Bruno out then Hunt
Goldson CB
Would honestly be tempted to rest Knocky as cant have him suspended for Norwich.

He started his career as a left winger but I wasnt suggesting left wing more a defensive left midfield in a similar role to what LR performed on difficult away games last season but on right to give us more defensive capability and to score on the break. I would like TH to be fit to replace GM on about 55-60 mins.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think it will be a difficult game that we need to win so:

Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy....Goldson....Bong
Knockaert....Sidwell....Norwood....Pocognoli
Baldock.....Murray​

If Bruno not fit Goldson at right back and Uwe in at CB.

What the hell is this, what's wrong with Skalak had a great game?

Norwood no, Stephens yes. Sidwell hard to drop after last night he was EVERYWHERE.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If Bruno out then Hunt
Goldson CB

Agreed on AK. The Norwich game is huge and I would rather not risk our best player on 4 yellows at Wigan. Bruno may be injured and the choice at left wing is bold/unusual. Other than that the main debate seems to be whether or not to bring back Stephens and only CH knows whether his form in training warrants that choice.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If Bruno is out then I wonder if Hughton will be tempted to play a 3-5-2.

Stockdale
Goldson - Duffy - Dunk
Murphy - Stephens - Sidwell - Norwood - Bong
Baldock - Murray

Murphy in for Skalak as he's better defensively. Knockeart rested so he doesn't miss Norwich. Bong is good enough going forward to play as a wing back, that midfield would dominate and both Goldson and Dunk are comfortable enough to drift wide to cover for the wing-backs.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He started his career as a left winger but I wasnt suggesting left wing more a defensive left midfield in a similar role to what LR performed on difficult away games last season but on right to give us more defensive capability and to score on the break. I would like TH to be fit to replace GM on about 55-60 mins.

Don't think hes had the game time yet to be expected to perform that better than our other options.

I get the logic but Wigan away must be up there with the least likely games we need anything other than attack attack attack

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
My preference would be...

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Goldson
Bong
Skalak
Sidwell
Norwood
Murphy
Baldock
Murray

If Bruno is injured, I agree that Goldson should be moved to RB and Uwe comes in as CB.
I would rest Knockaert because he's on four yellows and we need him available for the Norwich game.
I'd stick with Norwood instead of Stephens. We've dominated the midfield in recent games, until CH adds a fifth midfielder and invites pressure.
I would stick with Baldock and Murray as they seem to be playing well and would have a full week to recover for the next game.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Stockdale
Goldson - Duffy - Dunk
Baldock - Murray

Murphy in for Skalak as he's better defensively. Knockeart rested so he doesn't miss Norwich. Bong is good enough going forward to play as a wing back, that midfield would dominate and both Goldson and Dunk are comfortable enough to drift wide to cover for the wing-backs.

Isn't Dunk suspended?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Stockdale
Goldson - Duffy - Dunk
Baldock - Murray

Not a bad call given the situation, but I'd be amazed if CH started with three at the back. He hasn't done it yet, the closest was against Boro for the last 10-15 minutes when Goldson basically played on his own as a defender, with Bruno and Rosenior either side.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am glad some of you posters are not managers I tell thee, picking new formations, players that are not injured, players that are suspended and players in the wrong position. Brilliant! It will be-

Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Goldy Bong
Knocky Norwood Sidwell Skalak
Baldock Murray

Stephens may be in for Norwood or Sidwell I guess

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale

Bruno
Bong
Goldson
Duffy

Knockaert
Murphy
Stephens
Norwood

Baldock
Hemed

Goldson for Dunk is obvious.

Stephens for Sidwell and Hemed for Murray just to give 2 of our more senior players a game off/rest

Murphy for Skalak as for me Murphy is more of a threat than Skalak away from home when we hit on the break.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Bruno is injured I'd definitely play Hunt over Goldson at RB. Goldson looked very limited to me going forward last night, whereas Hunt offered good width vs Burton

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Really don't understand why we need to rest Knockaert, utter nonsense he is the one player who can make something happen out of nothing away from home and get vital goals.... How about start him tell him not to do anything stupid and pick up a yellow and IF (big if) we are a couple of goals to the good then take him off for Skalak or Murphy. Note - we have a week rest after Wigan whereas Norwich have to play mid-week so fitness isn't an issue!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We need knockeart against Norwich, happily have him on the bench Saturday and impact sub if required.

Bruno will be fine for Saturday, just a bit of fatigue last night.

---------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ------- Goldson --- Duffy --------- Bong
Murphy ------ Sidwell ---- Norwood ---- Skalak
------------- Murray --------- Baldock -------------

That team is good enough to beat Wigan IMO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here