Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Right wing ridiculousness

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has there been a more talented wide partnership in Albion history than Messrs Bruno and Knockaert?

Game after game they serve up absolutely delightful moments that truly epitomise the beautiful game.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Flairtastic when pulled off

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have serious man love for both of these fine men

Disspaointed however that this thread does not include Knockers ridiculous skill from last night that got the standing ovation ..

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah David Davis is a hoot, could we get an X-ray of his teeth, please? It seems he's doing the job of an adult despite having the mental capacity of a not particularly bright child.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has there been a more talented wide partnership in Albion history than Messrs Bruno and Knockaert?

Game after game they serve up absolutely delightful moments that truly epitomise the beautiful game.

I think you're absolutely right. Hard to even regard Bruno as a right back when he's spearheading every attack down that side (in contrast, Bong looks a little bit lost trying to fulfil the same role on the opposite flank). As for Knockaert, we're starting IMHO to become a little bit blasé. We're as unconcerned as the man himself when it's three on one, we just relish the anticipation of how he's going to wriggle through them and make them look a little bit foolish. It really is a joy to watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
I thought UKIP did something stupid again

But I agree, Knockers and Bruno together are an absolute joy to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Family Stand has been truly blessed.

Before KnockyBru we had (albeit infrequently) Buckderon terrorizing second half tired legged left backs, a few feet away.

Last night Bruno built up a head of steam and went screaming past Knocky, on the overlap.
It was so reminiscent of a Calderon move as Buckley was making some poor saps life a living hell.

There is no better a place to sit, for a second half of rampaging wing play, than with the kidz.
I genuinely feel sorry for the rest of you lot, as already that's twice this season we've been in touching distance of football I assumed I have no right to watch being an Albion fan.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think you're absolutely right. Hard to even regard Bruno as a right back when he's spearheading every attack down that side (in contrast, Bong looks a little bit lost trying to fulfil the same role on the opposite flank). As for Knockaert, we're starting IMHO to become a little bit blasé. We're as unconcerned as the man himself when it's three on one, we just relish the anticipation of how he's going to wriggle through them and make them look a little bit foolish. It really is a joy to watch.

Agreed. That point in the first half last night where Bruno reached out a leg and kept in a cross field ball that looked like it was going out and then carried on down the wing was amazing. How does he get up and down the wing so much at 36?

I think Bong might be looking more like an equivalent on the left now. He looks a lot more confident going forward than earlier in the season and seems to be using his pace more. Yesterday was his fourth assist of the season, which isn't bad for a full back in mid October.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Once we had "we've got a Maltese International" & a football genius"..........hard to look past these two :)))

That's a Malteaser for me. Admittedly drunk most the the time. Know the football genius of course but who is the other?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here