Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three into two don't go

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep. Though I think Newcastle and Norwich are better than Middlesbrough and Burnley. I'd be more confident in the playoffs if we didn't play the last ten games of the season at 150% tempo.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The way the table is shaping up, it does look that way.

Which will make the home games against Newcastle and Norwich more decisive than ever, and we will probably need to win both to avoid going in the Villa away game relying on results of others.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure it'll be that close, tbh. Team's good, playing well, but still don't quite have that feeling I had this time (and for most of the rest of) last season. No reason, no logic; just me.

Beating Norwich would help a lot though!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I think we will win the league. I said to a few of my mates before the season started.
As I mentioned in another thread I reckon Benitez will go to a struggling Prem side and take a few with him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No. Think the two Ns will run away with it. That said, if we beat Wigan, we can go into the Norwich game knowing that a win, and perhaps even a draw, will take us above them. And then I might think differently.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not sure it'll be that close, tbh. Team's good, playing well, but still don't quite have that feeling I had this time (and for most of the rest of) last season.

Did you feel really confident this early last season? Although we were unbeaten we only ever won by one goal, it was only after we recovered from our mid season slump that I really started to think we might go up. I think we'll get as many points as last season, whether that will be enough....?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think we will win the league. I said to a few of my mates before the season started.
As I mentioned in another thread I reckon Benitez will go to a struggling Prem side and take a few with him.

Rafa will stay at Newcastle for a few years. He will take them up this year and stabilise them there - Norwich on the other hand are not as good as their results are suggesting. Their Manager just doesn't get it. The central defence is woeful and that will be costly for them

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

That seems highly unlikely. Why leave a club where he must believe he'll get promotion and he seems to genuinely like. Also I don't think he's the sort of manager to walk out on a club like that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if we can hold on to stephens , settle him down and get his head in the game and maybe get a marquee striker then i think we have a chance of knocking norwich off for second but as we all know ...it's a funny old game .....obviously mr Bloom would love some financial return but i'm a bit meh about the premiership these days....UTA

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
norwich cant keep clean sheets so id expect at least one goal against em and invariably thats enough for 3points personally i think we will get autos the new players are just getting into form and baldy surprising with a few goals too

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What leaves me mildly confident is (even after a few playoffs) we are off the radar.

I genuinely believe that expectation to go up is a horrible negative in this league unless you are that much better.

Newcastle are that much better - but I think we can make second.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you feel really confident this early last season? Although we were unbeaten we only ever won by one goal, it was only after we recovered from our mid season slump that I really started to think we might go up. I think we'll get as many points as last season, whether that will be enough....?

Did I say anything about confidence, anywhere? No, I didn't - I never feel totally confident in that way, having been following The Albion for close on 60 years!

Occasionally - just very occasionally - there's a certain buzz around the team. There was last season - this season, not quite the same.......yet. Still feels slightly vulnerable at times. Is that just me? Yeh, quite possibly............but that's just the way I feel.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No we won't.
OIK, you might have - I'll believe you!
No he won't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone else feel like we could be going the same way as last season again?

Still early days. We could do with a few more players fit, ie Hemed, March at least. Lets not forget Wolves took points off Newcastle and Norwich gave away a two goal lead. Neither of those teams are invincible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here