Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small point re their last corner...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Although I'm the other end of the ground from it I'm pretty convinced the ball clearly came off the Wolves bloke last - and I think Skalak was too considering his mouth to the Lino. And hey very, very nearly scored - anyone get a good view?

Seemed Stroud was loving being the one to give 5 corners in a row & add to everyone's nerves...!

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sounds like typical midget refs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

theboybilly

i was right in line with it, never a corner. Not sure on the 3 extra mins added either

Wasn't it 4 extra minutes? Anyway the number of subs will account for most of it plus a bit of injuries here and there so probably about right. As for the corner I didn't think it was but Wolves do 'only get sh*t refs' :cry: It was a close call with the ball shooting across the area just waiting for a touch from a Wolves player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't it 4 extra minutes? Anyway the number of subs will account for most of it plus a bit of injuries here and there so probably about right. As for the corner I didn't think it was but Wolves do 'only get sh*t refs' :cry: It was a close call with the ball shooting across the area just waiting for a touch from a Wolves player.

They actually played 6 nearer 7 by the time the whistle went. A couple of their free kicks near the end were soft too, especially as Murray had been pushed over right in front of the east linesman, which was ignored.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought the linesmen were very poor tonight. Several times not helping the referee with decsions.

However i do have to agree the ref did like a soft free kick in the last 20 mins after seemingly letting a lot go early on.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I thought the linesmen were very poor tonight. Several times not helping the referee with decsions.

However i do have to agree the ref did like a soft free kick in the last 20 mins after seemingly letting a lot go early on.

Yes ,we picked up on that. Linesman waited for the ref on every decision.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes ,we picked up on that. Linesman waited for the ref on every decision.

The assistant with the red flag was very prone to waiting for the ref to decide and then agreeing by signalling.

The ref blew his whistle for time after they had taken the corner but they took ages to take it so shouldnt he have blown before they kicked it. Not that it mattered eventually but it could have done.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They actually played 6 nearer 7 by the time the whistle went. A couple of their free kicks near the end were soft too, especially as Murray had been pushed over right in front of the east linesman, which was ignored.

Some of the additional time was due to the lecture and yellow Dunk got. Wasn't worthy of an additional 3 mins though.

Usual poor ref for me, as standards continue to drop. Murray was wrestled to the ground every other challenge, yet he started penalising our players at the end.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Although I'm the other end of the ground from it I'm pretty convinced the ball clearly came off the Wolves bloke last - and I think Skalak was too considering his mouth to the Lino. And hey very, very nearly scored - anyone get a good view?

Seemed Stroud was loving being the one to give 5 corners in a row & add to everyone's nerves...!

I'm at the Southern end of the west stand and I was convinced the ball went out off a Wolves player. Perhaps the ref was tired and didn't want to run all the way back

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm at the Southern end of the west stand and I was convinced the ball went out off a Wolves player. Perhaps the ref was tired and didn't want to run all the way back

That was mentioned a few times on Twitter. Skalak was appealing for a goal kick too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some of the additional time was due to the lecture and yellow Dunk got. Wasn't worthy of an additional 3 mins though.

Usual poor ref for me, as standards continue to drop. Murray was wrestled to the ground every other challenge, yet he started penalising our players at the end.

I thought the reverse actually. I thought the ref blew early - we had four minutes of added time but had a stoppage when the Wolves player went down near the dugout and a long lecture for Dunk, but the ref only allowed a couple of extra minutes. I was expecting a bit more time .... but wasn't complaining.

There was a shocking decision by the lino near the end when Murray was blatantly pushed off the ball right in front of the lino - really poor that, linos should take some responsibility

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the reverse actually. I thought the ref blew early - we had four minutes of added time but had a stoppage when the Wolves player went down near the dugout and a long lecture for Dunk, but the ref only allowed a couple of extra minutes. I was expecting a bit more time .... but wasn't complaining.

There was a shocking decision by the lino near the end when Murray was blatantly pushed off the ball right in front of the lino - really poor that, linos should take some responsibility

yes forgot about the Wolves player. You could be right, I just sat expecting the worst, as we dropped deeper....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
i was right in line with it, never a corner. Not sure on the 3 extra mins added either

I know. Remarkable how Keith Stroud seemed hell bent on making sure Wolves had enough time to take that last corner, then very conveniently blew up for full time once it hadn't come to anything.

That said though, he has largely been a lucky ref for us over the years, and we have lost very few games where he has been in charge...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed. Most of stoppage time was used with the ball out of play so no complaints with the extra time... But it's the inconsistentness of it. I've seen games where there's 4 mins stoppage time and teams make subs or take 30 secs for a throw in and the ref blows bang on the 4 mins...!

As for the corner at the end - it was tighter than I remembered from the angle we got but did indeed come off the Wolves' blokes head a split second after our guy (not sure who it was) headed it...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

The BBC's Live Text shows that Batth went down for a free kick on 92 minutes and was back up to take a shot at goal on 93 minutes. Even accounting for adding 30 seconds because of the extra time substitution of Knockheart, the game should have been over during the 95th minute, before Dunk & Bodvarsson were booked. The referee did the usual thing that refs do by refusing to blow for time all the while one team had an attacking set piece. He allowed more time every time Wolves won a corner and only blew up in the 97th minute when it was a goal kick. Had that been a corner, he would probably have let them take it. Had Wolves continued to win corners I think we'd still be playing now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37615223#tab-2

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

A referee (well he was more often a linesman) once told me that there are some refs who make it clear before a game that they are the ref, the other two are just linos, the ref makes all the calls except offside and ball going out of play. Maybe last nights WITB is from that school of refereeing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A referee (well he was more often a linesman) once told me that there are some refs who make it clear before a game that they are the ref, the other two are just linos, the ref makes all the calls except offside and ball going out of play. Maybe last nights WITB is from that school of refereeing.

I dont disagree i used to referee myself a few years ago and we were always instructed to give a brief to you linesmen before the game on what you wanted help on etc so i completely see your point.

It was just glaringly obvious last night how little help he had from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here