Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock - Player Of The Season 16/17

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everyone would laugh at this statement had it been last season. Many may even think that this is a joke thread this for this season.

I'm not so sure.

Sam is still creating square miles of space for the likes of Murray, Knockaert & Skalak with his constant running and charging but he's now starting to take his chances.

All his chances.

Watch this space.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
the cynic in me says hes fishing for a new contract and gonna do enough to try and get one. with my tinted specs im hoping hes struck up a wonderful understanding with murray and will take pressure off hughton having to sign quality in jan by firing us 20+ goals straight into the prem

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Let's not forget, Dunk got himself needlessly booked right at the end which guarantees he'll be playing against Norwich. A great tactical booking.

Also, Norwood had his best game for us too. He's starting to look like a top quality centre mid.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Knocky's already won player of the season by a country mile.

I think a certain Mr Lewis Dunk will have something to say about that. So many people blinded by tricks, flicks and attacking play. Dunk has been by far our best player on the pitch so far this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So many people blinded by tricks, flicks and attacking play.

Superb quote that. I fancy we could manage with Duffy and Goldson for 10 games, but would struggle without Knocky. Still, we'll get to see what life is like without Dunk vs Wigan now he's banned.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think a certain Mr Lewis Dunk will have something to say about that. So many people blinded by tricks, flicks and attacking play. Dunk has been by far our best player on the pitch so far this season.

Is, so far, the correct answer. Was that the first time he's been captain in the Championship tonight?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've long been a fan of Baldock - his work off the ball is equally as important as what he does with the ball. His end product has always been a slight concern so good to see he's going through a bit of a purple patch. Long may it continue.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Superb quote that. I fancy we could manage with Duffy and Goldson for 10 games, but would struggle without Knocky. Still, we'll get to see what life is like without Dunk vs Wigan now he's banned.

Defensive duties are generally underated as they are generally ugly and a good defender makes light work of opposition forwards which Dunk and Duffy have done very well this season.

As to my original point indo believe people are blinded by such things. Either way Knockers and Dunk have been brilliant this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Took a neutral to the game last night and he said that Dunk was the standout player on the whole pitch. He supports a PL team and said that LD was far and away better than any centre-half at his club and he felt he could easily cope at that level.

el punal

the cynic in me says hes fishing for a new contract and gonna do enough to try and get one. with my tinted specs im hoping hes struck up a wonderful understanding with murray and will take pressure off hughton having to sign quality in jan by firing us 20+ goals straight into the prem

Yes, you are being cynical! Enjoy the moment, I'm sure he is.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I agree. Dunk is way out in front, no-one else comes close at the moment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here