Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy with Result tonight

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Delighted for the players but this hanging on by our finger tips cost us dear last year and will do again this as last Saturday showed. The result should have been Brighton 2,3 or even 4 but not just 1. It's bloody infuriating we cannot put the game to bed and end up twinned with the Alamo as full time approaches. Nope, this is happening way too often Albion so I'd give the players a Mullery-Cloughie type bollocking in the dressing room tonight despite the win for shock value as those two past masters used to do when the players were expecting praise. We cannot keep doing this, GP surgeries across Sussex cannot cope for one. Sort it out Albion! :censored::rant:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloody awful hanging on for 10 mins or so like this when in control and pressing for the previous 80 mins.....Will cost us again I'm sure and rather unnecessary to be frank.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Personally I think the players know they didn't play up to usual standards, and hopefully that'll spur them on for next game, together with CH behind the scenes talking to
hair-drying-emoticon.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Delighted for the players but this hanging on by our finger tips cost us dear last year and will do again this as last Saturday showed. The result should have been Brighton 2,3 or even 4 but not just 1. It's bloody infuriating we cannot put the game to bed and end up twinned with the Alamo as full time approaches. Nope, this is happening way too often Albion so I'd give the players a Mullery-Cloughie type bollocking in the dressing room tonight despite the win for shock value as those two past masters used to do when the players were expecting praise. We cannot keep doing this, GP surgeries across Sussex cannot cope for one. Sort it out Albion! :censored::rant:

That's the way the Manager plays. If he doesn't get the 2 goal lead by 10 or 15 mins to go, he shuts up shop. Like it or lump it, that's what he does. It earned 89 points last year so people can knock it all they like but 90% of the time it is effective

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
You can't not be happy with the result, just the score. We did win in the end.

Sitting back on a 1-0 lead is too frustrating. I'm assuming these are the usual tactics and it happens all the time.

So why aren't we pushing, fighting and attacking for a 2nd & 3rd goal before parking the bus?

It unsettles opposition and turns them into quivering wrecks. The best tactic by far.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
That's the way the Manager plays. If he doesn't get the 2 goal lead by 10 or mins to go, he shuts up shop. Like it or lump it, that's what he does. It earned 89 points last year so people can knock it all they like but 90% of the time it is effective

Yep but remember Burnley last year and QPR? I do worry about our 'steel and resolve' in regard to the panicky moments when we 'shut up' shop.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Happy with the result? We won ! Performance however wasn't great we didn't get out of 2nd gear and was so tense at the end

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yep but remember Burnley last year and QPR? I do worry about our 'steel and resolve' in regard to the panicky moments when we 'shut up' shop.

So does HE - So do I and so do all the fans but when for the most part it works, he won't change. Posts on here are not going to change that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nowt wrong with the result, or with the clean sheet. Just hanging on for over 80 minutes to a one goal lead isn't my idea of an exhilarating win though - on tenterhooks until the ref. (finally) blew up.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A win at home to a team that came away with a smash and grab 1-0 win last season is a more than adequate result.

Hughton is by nature a pragmatist who as a former defender himself builds his teams around solid organisation at the back. That means there will be times when he falls down on the side of caution.

For the most part that approach will result in the robust defensive record that Brighton have. But of course, the occasional time like Saturday when a team pinches a late equaliser and a share of the spoils that might prove costly later down the line provides his detractors with a stick to beat him with.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

You`re not happy with the result?? You must be Wolves....Brighton won, Wolves lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here