Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bong

Knockaert - Sidwell - Norwood - Murphy

Murray - Baldock

This is the team that started against Preston, but I believe there was a preference for Stephens to play, in place of who?

Is Tomer Hemed preferred and where does Beram Kayal usually play?

I'm just getting to know the team and am interested in opinions of our best starting XI and who is guaranteed to start every match when fit.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
6 of our first choice eleven were missing on Saturday. With everyone in the senior squad fit, these would be the changes:

Rosenior for Bong
Goldson for Duffy (probably can argue this one but Goldson was brilliant last season)
Stephens for Sidwell
Kayal for Norwood
March or Skalak for Murphy
Hemed for Baldock

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So this is our best starting eleven:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March / Skalak

Hemed
Murray

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This will always depend on injuries, form, and the opposition, but I'd go with:

------------------- Stockdale -----------------
Bruno ----- Duffy ----- Dunk ---- Rosenior
Knockaert -- Kayal -- Stephens -- March
-------- Baldock ------ Murray ---------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Norwood, Murphy, KLL, Hemed

That's tough on Hunemeier, Skalak and Sidwell. The players or positions I'm less sure about are:
-- whether Goldson should get a starting-place. His form last season suggests as much, as does Duffy's form last season. CH and CC will know best
-- left-back is really tight, again I suspect it'll just be a question of who is fittest and, according to CH and CC, has the best form
-- who to partner with Murray up-front. Murray looks on course to being a 20-goal striker without penalties and that qualifies him for a starting-place. I've gone for Baldock playing with him, simply because he's vastly different to Murray. It'd be better, of course, if we had a nippy, support striker who's likely to get 15 or so in a season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So this is our best starting eleven:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March / Skalak

Hemed
Murray

Murray and Baldock have scored FOUR in the last TWO games. And yes I'm including the incorrectly given offside. Two goals each. They make SO much more sense than Murray and Hemed.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Stockdale

Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bong

Knockaert - Sidwell - Norwood - Murphy

Murray - Baldock

This is the team that started against Preston, but I believe there was a preference for Stephens to play, in place of who?

Is Tomer Hemed preferred and where does Beram Kayal usually play?

I'm just getting to know the team and am interested in opinions of our best starting XI and who is guaranteed to start every match when fit.

Are you from Mars

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
Are you from Mars

No, I'm originally from the PL as you well know.

I know everything about that league and nothing about this one, but I'm getting to know my team.

I'm listening to the matches, learning a lot from the good info on here and looking forward to seeing us play in a few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here