Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we just had a near miss over Hove ?

D

Deleted User X18H

The plane on the left bound for Gatwick but heading due south.

Urgent change of course? image.jpegimage.png

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My understand of reading a map suggest those three planes are between Hurstpierpoint, Burgess Hill and Lewes and not Hove

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It gives an insight into someone's character when they look in awe at aircraft in the sky.

(Looks like a normal holding stack to me - for anyone who gives a ****)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've been on planes in the air that have come closer to other planes than that. Was looking out the window and suddenly saw a plane going the opposite direction slightly below. I'm sure it's normal and they know what they're doing but it still shit me RIGHT up for a second. Didn't say anything to the wife.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks 100% normal. Planes always circling over Burgess Hill in holding patterns. Possibly crucial data missing from your flightradar picture is the altitude of the planes. Will be several hundred feet apart.

Do you get out much ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Looks 100% normal. Planes always circling over Burgess Hill in holding patterns. Possibly crucial data missing from your flightradar picture is the altitude of the planes. Will be several hundred feet apart.

Do you get out much ?

Indeed. In fact on our flight back to Gatwick on Saturday the pilot actually said, "we're just going into a holding stack over Burgess Hill but are expecting to land in Gatwick in approximately 20 minutes".

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
On a flight to the States the pilot announced that "There's a plane just below us - I know it is there. It is supposed to be there. You will see this plane a few times between here and New York - sometimes we will be in front and sometimes it will but we will be landing before it." It did appear very close though it was probably several hundred feet away. I assumed that someone had pointed it out to the stewardess and the pilot had made an announcement to stop people worrying.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
on a flight to malawi we heard the captain say " de fookin elephants is on de roonway again"...!! if you have ever been on a plane that has done an aborted landing you will know it's not that clever...!! actually it wasnt malawi it was kariba provincial airport in zimbabwe....vic falls.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I've been on planes in the air that have come closer to other planes than that. Was looking out the window and suddenly saw a plane going the opposite direction slightly below. I'm sure it's normal and they know what they're doing but it still shit me RIGHT up for a second. Didn't say anything to the wife.

I was on a plane about a year ago and as it came in to land all of a sudden the engines start getting really loud as we pull up ridiculously hard... Turns out there was a plane taking off as we were landing.... Little bit scary....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Planes in search of Ulloa's penalty?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On a flight to the States the pilot announced that "There's a plane just below us - I know it is there. It is supposed to be there. You will see this plane a few times between here and New York - sometimes we will be in front and sometimes it will but we will be landing before it." It did appear very close though it was probably several hundred feet away. I assumed that someone had pointed it out to the stewardess and the pilot had made an announcement to stop people worrying.

I thought, vertically, there should be 1000ft between planes?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was on a plane about a year ago and as it came in to land all of a sudden the engines start getting really loud as we pull up ridiculously hard... Turns out there was a plane taking off as we were landing.... Little bit scary....

I used to work right next to Gatwick, could see the planes coming in to land from the office window. One evening as I was leaving a plane was coming into land, it went out of view behind the trees at the end of the car park, next moment a massive roar of the engines went up and the plane appeared above the trees again. Can only assume it must have been a matter of feet from the ground when the pilot aborted the landing. Glad I wasn't on board.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Had exactly this a few weeks ago at Gatwick too. Pilot said 'the captain of the 777 on the runway has decided not to go for now, so we'll pop back round again and give him time to finish his coffee'. Also had the same in New York - that was much worse (psychologically) as it was the first time I'd been back there after 9/11.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

The same thing happened to me last year as well. We were just about to land when engines roared and up we went to go round again, no explanation given and a bit unsettling.
As we went back up my daughter looked out of the window and could see a Virgin 747 that hadn't cleared the runway after landing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here