Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Baldock

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Glad to see it's starting to come together.

3 goals between the two in last 2 games. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but they just make so much sense as a partnership.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The boys up top looked good, it's BURNO at the back we need to keep an eye on.

b819b24f95cf5dbc50d6bdabb84b4333.jpg

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
Murray and Baldock

2 uncompromising, heavy drinking, divorced cops who will stop at nothing to get their man. No rule they won't break, they all ways work two cases and when the Super questions them they're not afraid to go it alone without their badge and gun. Even if it means venturing onto the Jasmin Allen estate alone at night.

Coming to ITV soon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glad to see it's starting to come together.

3 goals between the two in last 2 games. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but they just make so much sense as a partnership.

4, if you count the one wrongly flagged offside at Hillsborough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just serves as a reminder of the opportunity missed.

But hey ho enough about that, onwards and upwards.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If all players are fit and on form I think the best front four is

Lualua, Baldock, Murray, Knockaert

The midfield two

Kayal, Stephens

Back four

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong

But not for all games. An extra midfielder could replace a winger/forward. Rosenior or Norwood would be my first choices.

Against sides with tricky quick forwards I might prefer Goldson to Duffy.

Agreed?

When we are holding on to a 1-0 lead, I can't think who is best to bring on though? Or who to take of. Not an extra defender/midfielder as I think we need to keep possession. I would tend to take a leaf out of Leicester's book and put on our best forward at keeping possession and pump the ball into the corner/out wide. Not sure who is our best player at keeping the ball (except Knockaert). They all seem about the same otherwise. Stats don't give a clue. Bearing that in mind, I'm inclined to take off any player that appears to be tiring. Or not make any substitutes at all as it takes time for the new entrant to get up to pace.

Stats say for this season Norwood is safest at keeping the ball and Murray is the worst at losing it. So Norwood for Murray makes stats sense.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The midfield two

Kayal, Stephens

Back four

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong

But not for all games. An extra midfielder could replace a winger/forward. Rosenior or Norwood would be my first choices.

Agreed?

That pretty much all makes sense, yes.

(has someone hacked your account?)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

The midfield two

Kayal, Stephens

Back four

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong

Agreed?

Agreed, except Lualua. Would probably have Skalak, just ahead of Murphy, unless of course Solly returns to full fitness.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agreed, except Lualua. Would probably have Skalak, just ahead of Murphy, unless of course Solly returns to full fitness.

Whoops, I forgot about Solly March. He could replace either Baldock or Lualua if he gets up to speed. All the times he is getting on top form he has got injured so I have just not seen enough of him.

BrooksieG

Oct 17, 2016
Think a change was due Saturday, but probably felt Muphy for Stephens. It is more the fact that we our noses in front but then just drop off deeper & deeper, relying on our defensive strange but inviting teams on. They can't score if the ball in their half.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The midfield two

Kayal, Stephens

Back four

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong

We do not play with 4 forwards so that thankfully is good bye to Lua Lua and replace him with a midfielder like March/Skalak?Murphy and leave LL to the U23s where he can excel or the occasional 10 mins from the bench.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
5 (6) goals in 3 games. Keep it up lads. Lovely header from Baldock tonight. Murray wasn't quite on it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
5 (6) goals in 3 games. Keep it up lads. Lovely header from Baldock tonight. Murray wasn't quite on it.

Shame Hemed wasn't fit - would have been perfect to have him replace Muzza on the hour mark when Glenn was clearly ****ed! Hemed has also been decent all season IMO - the 3 strikers have all been excellent so far..!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shame Hemed wasn't fit - would have been perfect to have him replace Muzza on the hour mark when Glenn was clearly ****ed! Hemed has also been decent all season IMO - the 3 strikers have all been excellent so far..!

I've got nothing against Tomer, works very hard, I'm just not convinced by him and Murray together. But yes he would be ideal for a tiring Murray.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Lost 2 points, didn't we?

On Saturday........YES! not for the first time.

What we do when we're goal up with 30 mins left is to (try and) shut up shop. We then become like a boxer with no arms, and take a slapping. At least put some quick legs (maybe Elvis) in the centre circle at all times, for a quick break...at least it keeps your opponents honest. :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1 more apiece.

Who would've thought that playing 2 strikers together who perfectly complement each other's attributes would work so well? Lovely stuff. Long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here