Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Skinner (+ documentary)

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm a big fan of Frank Skinner, I think he's genuinely and quietly slipped into the role of a national treasure. I think the man has funny bones. Anyway, I was googling and found this doc from 2001 I think, of Frank Skinner on Frank Skinner. I think the bits about his school days, playground football growing up and meeting up with his old drinking pals in his old local pub are great.
Thought I'd share as I think folks on here will enjoy it..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIcqvmJbzo

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Listen to his podcast and every so often he will say something astoundingly witty. He's decent.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Listen to his podcast and every so often he will say something astoundingly witty. He's decent.

Me too, he's very sharp and often makes me chuckle to myself when I'm listening on the train to work.

I read his first autobiography. It's an interesting read, with some very amusing anecdotes about his early career. You could probably call it his "drinking career."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stopped listening to Absolute Radio on Saturday mornings due to his show, which seems to be all about his own voice which just goes on and on devoid of any humour. Mildly funny on Room 101, but a national treasure ? No

SAC

May 21, 2014
Stopped listening to Absolute Radio on Saturday mornings due to his show, which seems to be all about his own voice which just goes on and on devoid of any humour. Mildly funny on Room 101, but a national treasure ? No

I'm the same with professional northerner, Jason Manford. Have to turn over or off whenever he's on the radio on Sunday morning. I like Frank Skinner though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Frank Skinner is up there as one of my favourite Comediens/television personalities.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Remember him doing an interview on Old Shoreham Road as the Goldstone was being demolished. He was quite emotional.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

A radio show being about the hosts voice? Whatever next?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the one podcast I listen to every week. I also went through the entire back-catalogue of episodes after I cottoned on to the fact that its by far and away the most entertaining and consistently funny podcast there is.

Emily needs to wind her neck in a bit though, she does tend to interrupt incessantly. She can be witty and amusing, but likes the sound of her own voice a wee bit too much. Other than that, its a top show.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Its the one podcast I listen to every week. I also went through the entire back-catalogue of episodes after I cottoned on to the fact that its by far and away the most entertaining and consistently funny podcast there is.

Emily needs to wind her neck in a bit though, she does tend to interrupt incessantly. She can be witty and amusing, but likes the sound of her own voice a wee bit too much. Other than that, its a top show.

I disagree I love Emily and when she is away the show really suffers. I am not a big fan of Alun and I like it when he is away but on the whole its the best podcast by miles

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I disagree I love Emily and when she is away the show really suffers. I am not a big fan of Alun and I like it when he is away but on the whole its the best podcast by miles

See I'd disagree with that. I like Alun a lot, he has such a dry wit and is very understated. I certainly don't dislike Emily, she's a massive part of what makes it such a great show, but she IS constantly itching to interject with something, or to cram a word in, to the point when she's often talking over Frank and/or Alun, which irritates me. And I don't like the show as much when Franks away and Emily hosts.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One thats about the music

If you're listening to the comedy slot on Absolute radio looking for decent music you won't find it there. Genuine question, do you like Talk Radio or is it just FS you don't like?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
dont listen to talk radio

Ah, I'm a big fan. R4 being my go-to station , listen to a few regular podcasts and Absolute on a saturday plus BBC Wales when Rhod Gilbert is on air. I like Podcasts because they usually cut the music out. I'm the opposoie to you I think!
As strange as it may seem I don't really like music anymore. I used to love it but a few years ago I just stopped listening to it or seeking it out, even went off the stuff I used to like. Strange eh?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One thats about the music

There's a million different radio stations that cater for that.

Why would you bother tuning in to a lighthearted radio show which is headed up by a well known comedian, expecting it to be mainly all music ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here