Votes: 102 59.0%
  • Skalak

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murphy would also be my choice.

He carries the ball better, goes past a player more often, has more goals in him than Skalak and is also better defensively in my opinion.

Skalak crosses a better ball and has good delivery from set pieces, but recently even that has been dissapointing...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murphy, at the moment. He and Bong seem to be working well together.

I thought the exact opposite on Saturday as many times Bong looked down the wing for Murphy and he wasnt available. I thought that Murphy did more runs at defenders than he has done recently but is not as good defensively as Skalak so on that basis I would start with Murphy and use Skalak late in the game at about 60 mins or so..

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Scored a nice goal last season...QPR?....Charlton also...but ye

Just done some research on this season

Skalak - 670 minutes played - average of 0.4 shots per game with 0 goals and 1 assist - average of 0.7 successful dribbles per game

Murphy - 539 minutes played - average of 1.6 shots per game with 0 goals and 2 assists - average of 1 successful dribbles per game

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Skalak for dead ball delivery and so on. I also enjoy watching him more. On more than one occasion on Saturday against PNE when we were 2-1 up I thought that Murphy was too hesitant in trying to take people on when i thought we should have been going for the jugular. A two goal cushion would have given three points.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Murphy v Skalak 2015/2016 season stats

Murphy - 2681 minutes played - 6 goals 4 assists - average of 1.4 shots per game - average of 1.1 dribbles per game

Skalak - 866 minutes played - 2 goals 6 assists - average of 1.1 shots per game - average of 0.3 dribbles per game

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Murphy should have left the field about 70 minutes and Skalak brought one - he was knackered

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Murphy. We need the extra pace and energy he brings.

Its funny as wingers I thought would be our best postion this year but we haven't really found the right formula yet beside AK.

Dare we say Lua Lua is back very soon , Are we still hoping he can do much

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just done some research on this season

Skalak - 670 minutes played - average of 0.4 shots per game with 0 goals and 1 assist - average of 0.7 successful dribbles per game

Murphy - 539 minutes played - average of 1.6 shots per game with 0 goals and 2 assists - average of 1 successful dribbles per game

Just saying :shrug:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Skalak doesn't need to beat anyone. That's not his game. What he needs to do is take a touch and then whip the ball in early. He also need to shoot more. Murphy is a good Championship footballer but Skalak's got the potential to be something special - although he's not showing it (or being allowed to show it) at the moment.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
If skalak could use his left leg to cross a ball, then yes.As it is he cannot so Murphy for me as he has more pace than Skalak and he unlike Skalak does not have to stop and cut back in order to cross a ball.The defenders know Skalak does that,so they just keep him out on the left.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see Skalak given a go in the no.10 role. I think he would offer something there as he has good passing ability and obviously a good strike. He works hard too and will track back. He could offer us a more shape in midfield while offering movement further forward. While he is dog slow he wouldn't make the sort of runs Hemed does. Baldock played well Sat and should stay in the side for now but I think that offers a good option away from home...

D

Deleted member 2719

Murphy v Skalak 2015/2016 season stats

Murphy - 2681 minutes played - 6 goals 4 assists - average of 1.4 shots per game - average of 1.1 dribbles per game

Skalak - 866 minutes played - 2 goals 6 assists - average of 1.1 shots per game - average of 0.3 dribbles per game

Have you got any dribbling stats on Knockaert???

I am concerned at our lack of dribbling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I shall get slated but I think Knockaert hangs on to the ball one man too many on many occasions then goes to ground and as such the refs are loathe to give him a free kick and this is going against him as he is not getting the kicks he should . Perhaps he needs to stand up more and not go to ground so easily. Still a very good player but just a minor criticism.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here