Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent pub in Chichester please

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In a couple of weeks time we (a bunch of guys who are members of a walking group) will be looking for a pub in the centre of Chichester for Sunday lunch. Any suggestions or recommendations from the great and good of NSC would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In a couple of weeks time we (a bunch of guys who are members of a walking group) will be looking for a pub in the centre of Chichester for Sunday lunch. Any suggestions or recommendations from the great and good of NSC would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Not a pub, so may not suit, but went to Chi a couple of weeks ago for Saturday lunch. Booked and enjoyed the Raymond Blanc Brasserie - bloody marvellous and very reasonable.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Dolphin & Anchor opposite the Cathedral is a 'Spoons so you will get the usual mix of old alkies, chav mums with pushchairs, cheap beer and reasonable food. If you are OK with the clientele it certainly won't be beaten on price!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The George and Dragon on North Street has a nice dining area, and serves reasonable pub food. They usually have two or three ales on as well.
Out by Westgate you have the Crate and Apple which is good, and The Chichester Inn, the local Camra haunt, so nice beer but I'm not sure if I ever ate there so can't comment.
The Belle Isle near the cathedral has good food and a great beer selection, but I'm not sure they do a Sunday roast.
Nags Head on East Street has a busy carvery, it's alright, Youngs' beer on tap, and a big screen for footy.
Out of curiosity, where is your walk taking you? The surrounding area has plenty of decent options if you're out and about?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Dolphin & Anchor opposite the Cathedral is a 'Spoons so you will get the usual mix of old alkies, chav mums with pushchairs, cheap beer and reasonable food. If you are OK with the clientele it certainly won't be beaten on price!

I think the Spoons in Chi is one of the better ones to be fair, and they usually have 8 or 9 beers on tap, but then I am one of the old alkies that you speak of ...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The George and Dragon on North Street has a nice dining area, and serves reasonable pub food. They usually have two or three ales on as well.
Out by Westgate you have the Crate and Apple which is good, and The Chichester Inn, the local Camra haunt, so nice beer but I'm not sure if I ever ate there so can't comment.
The Belle Isle near the cathedral has good food and a great beer selection, but I'm not sure they do a Sunday roast.
Nags Head on East Street has a busy carvery, it's alright, Youngs' beer on tap, and a big screen for footy.
Out of curiosity, where is your walk taking you? The surrounding area has plenty of decent options if you're out and about?

Thank you for your advice. We're walking the New Lipchis Way, a 39 mile walk from Liphook to East Head, West Wittering. The section we're doing next is from Goodwood Racecourse to Chichester Harbour. We've walked just about all of the long distance paths in Sussex and so far this has had the best scenery of any of them.

D

Deleted member 2719

Excuse me Sir, we have No alkies or chavs mums in Chi.

We :rock:

The OP needs to go to Portsmouth they tend to like in there.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Thank you for your advice. We're walking the New Lipchis Way, a 39 mile walk from Liphook to East Head, West Wittering. The section we're doing next is from Goodwood Racecourse to Chichester Harbour. We've walked just about all of the long distance paths in Sussex and so far this has had the best scenery of any of them.[/QUOTE

I know the Lipchis Way, and yes, it's a beautiful area. You'll be starting off with a steep march up the Trundle I'm guessing?!
Sound like a great day out, I hope the weather stays alright

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you for your advice. We're walking the New Lipchis Way, a 39 mile walk from Liphook to East Head, West Wittering. The section we're doing next is from Goodwood Racecourse to Chichester Harbour. We've walked just about all of the long distance paths in Sussex and so far this has had the best scenery of any of them.[/QUOTE

I know the Lipchis Way, and yes, it's a beautiful area. You'll be starting off with a steep march up the Trundle I'm guessing?!
Sound like a great day out, I hope the weather stays alright

Last section ended with the ascent to the Trundle! So all downhill on the next section. We had walked from Midhurst on Sunday 9th in the most glorious weather conditions. Sussex at its very best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here