Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I have been in there a couple of times but not for a few years until Saturday. What has happened to the place? It used to be full of Johnny big bollocks I've got a company and can show off. Now it's full of kids and people more interested in the Premier league results.

Also, you paid to be a show off and got free coffee, a programme and beer in a glass. Now now free coffee, parking nowhere near the ground and can't eveb get a drink at half time.

Anyway £130 a month well spent, and you can't even wear a replica shirt (if you wanted to :rolleyes:).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Went right downhill ever since they made a concession to the evolving fashion in casual footwear.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The man himself!

bollocks.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have been in there a couple of times but not for a few years until Saturday. What has happened to the place? It used to be full of Johnny big bollocks I've got a company and can show off. Now it's full of kids and people more interested in the Premier league results.

Also, you paid to be a show off and got free coffee, a programme and beer in a glass. Now now free coffee, parking nowhere near the ground and can't eveb get a drink at half time.

Anyway £130 a month well spent, and you can't even wear a replica shirt (if you wanted to :rolleyes:).

Not sure why I bother to bite, but hey...

1. You had a problem with the previous 'types', who were all corporate show-offs. Now there are children (heaven forbid) and people interested in football, and that is also a problem? Who exactly WOULD you like to see in there?

2. There was a program included. There still is a program included.

3. there was beer in a glass. There still is beer in a glass.

4. You can get a drink at half time, albeit there is a queue. Just like at every ground in the world. If you KNOW you want a drink at half time, you can pre-order it.

5. There was parking adjacent to the ground, in Bennett's Field. It was shit. It took an hour to get away and everyone hated it. There is now parking instead at the Uni, a five minute walk away, on the A27 in 10. Far, far preferable.

6. Coffee is no longer included, unless you are eating. You can buy a token to redeem at HT (in a much shorter queue than when it was included - obviously).

So basically, there's no free coffee.

I suggest if it bothers you that much, you stay away for another few years.

D

Deleted User X18H

1. You had a problem with the previous 'types', who were all corporate show-offs. Now there are children (heaven forbid) and people interested in football, and that is also a problem? Who exactly WOULD you like to see in there?

4. You can get a drink at half time, albeit there is a queue. Just like at every ground in the world. If you KNOW you want a drink at half time, you can pre-order it.

5. There was parking adjacent to the ground, in Bennett's Field. It was shit. It took an hour to get away and everyone hated it. There is now parking instead at the Uni, a five minute walk away, on the A27 in 10. Far, far preferable.

6. Coffee is no longer included, unless you are eating. You can buy a token to redeem at HT (in a much shorter queue than when it was included - obviously).

Yeah but I am a 'Jonny big bollocks' who has a company and all that.

And I have shown off before. Once or twice anyway.

Although my company is like my knob. Dormant .

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

That's the equivalent of Albion dishing out a 6-0 spanking! Absolutely destroyed the OP! DESTROYED!!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not a very good troll given that 90%+ of 1901 members now were 1901 members then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here