Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Scam phone calls.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Had one yesterday on Uxbridge 01895 616029 " I believe that you have been involved in a car crash" ? Dodgy voice. However apart from cutting the call manually what else can one do to stop this ? :bigwave:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Had one yesterday on Uxbridge 01895 616029 " I believe that you have been involved in a car crash" ? Dodgy voice. However apart from cutting the call manually what else can one do to stop this ? :bigwave:

I get these all the time. Same recorded message from a women which is voice activated.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Confuse them.

Caller: Hello, I'm calling you about your recent accident.
Me: Which One?
Caller: Er.. Your recent one.
Me: Which one? I've had a few, I'm very accident prone.
Caller: Umm, your recent one.
Me: Well, you're the one contacting me, you'll have to tell me which one.

Caller disconnects.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I had the same last night at 20.12 from 07441 909569, first time i did not answer (I use my personal phone as a work phone, they pay me for it) it rang again 2 minutes later so i thought i had best answer in case it was important, after the first 4 words i hung up.

Have now blocked that number.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

On the iphone you can block the number (which is what I have done) I would have thought most modern phones do that nowadays?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is a device to get round the law to have to display a calling number, if you are bombarding mostly elderly punters with stuff they mostly don't want or care about. Most of mine seem to be City of London area numbers, only possible in the age of computer controlled telephones.
There was recently the case in Woodingdean of a bloke in his Mums front room, with an auto dialling device, dialling thousands of numbers, which when answered got, I presume, handed of to a call center.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had 01908 472878 phone the other day. Something about Euro Millions. I blocked it but personally wish I could just block all calls from Milton Keynes.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Me too, I have had loads of these..........I had a 10 minute conversation about my car accident with a woman from Liverpool on day. Obviously I hadn't been in an accident but it was quite fun asking her where my non existent accident had taken place etc.

I was on a train so it killed a bit of time for me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here