Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shock news - it still hurts!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought I was long over it, but watching Boro v Watford and I find myself outraged that Stuani wasn't sent off for a second yellow - seemingly it was accidental that he kicked the guy in the guts. Also want to see Gaston sent off....

Who would have thought the feelings would last!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought I was long over it, but watching Boro v Watford and I find myself outraged that Stuani wasn't sent off for a second yellow - seemingly it was accidental that he kicked the guy in the guts. Also want to see Gaston sent off....

I'm the same. Saw Gaston diving for a pen, the cheating ****.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I'm with you all the way. The injustice and hurt of that day in Boro just won't go away especially when I watch Boro or see Mike Dean officiate. It's irrational and I normally brush these things off but this one won't leave me. Listening to the Albion Roar yesterday, Barber said it was his worst day in football and it's hard to disagree.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
By that are you inferring there was once consistent refereeing?

Not necessarily consistent, but they do seem to be getting worse. Managers are fined thousands if they dare to mention bad decisions, but ref's can do as they please.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You're always going to be vulnerable to the inconsistency of refereeing while you don't press on and make the game safe.

Or a Reading player takes out Rosenior with a disgusting tackle, injuring him for months, without so much as a yellow card.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not necessarily consistent, but they do seem to be getting worse. Managers are fined thousands if they dare to mention bad decisions, but ref's can do as they please.
No they can't, and I doubt they are getting worse either.

Referees (contrary to popular opinion) are human, and capable of error.

Having those mistakes pawed over in super slo-mo by partisan 'fans', none of whom have a full and forensic knowledge of the law but are desperately looking for someone to blame, is never going to end well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Having those mistakes pawed over in super slo-mo by partisan 'fans', none of whom have a full and forensic knowledge of the law but are desperately looking for someone to blame, is never going to end well.

That's a fan's perogative, but it helps the cheats.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm with you all the way. The injustice and hurt of that day in Boro just won't go away especially when I watch Boro or see Mike Dean officiate. It's irrational and I normally brush these things off but this one won't leave me. Listening to the Albion Roar yesterday, Barber said it was his worst day in football and it's hard to disagree.

Today's so-called "Super Sunday" features both Middlesbrough and Burnley, which must somehow be a contravenion of the Trades Description Act (oh, and Mike Dean is refereeing the Stains v Burnley game). Two teams nobody wants to see from places nobody wants to go.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
leeds.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's the inconsistency of refereeing which galls.

It's a part of the game though. Referees make mistakes just like players and part of winning a football match is to factor this possibility into the game. Sometimes you just have to beat 12 rather than 11. They aren't corrupt just fallible and it has always been so.

Just realized [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] already made this point admirably.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Pored.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blocked pour

pimples.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Burnley have just gone 2 down. All three promoted teams look like they've run out of ideas. Wouldn't be surprised if Karanka goes soon. He was on dodgy ground towards the end of last season.

Edit: 3 down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here