Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Attendances Yesterday

el punal

Wow! A few biggies yesterday. Ours 27,606. Newcastle pulled in around 52,000, Derby 31,000, Villa nearly 32,000 and Norwich 26,000+.

Amazing to think this is second tier football but probably the most exciting, unpredictable and entertaining fare on offer worldwide. Up yours Premier!

I think I'll have a lie down now. :yawn:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If Villa get going they have room to grow,shows on paper the level we compete at and how hard it its with out a parachute either.

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
It's far more exciting here, having something positive to play for (promotion), the buzz of expectation and hope.

Half the teams in the PL spend the whole time fighting to stay up which can become soul-destroying and negative after a while.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's far more exciting here, having something positive to play for (promotion), the buzz of expectation and hope.

Half the teams in the PL spend the whole time fighting to stay up which can become soul-destroying and negative after a while.

I'm sure you'll stay up, even if you gave a dire West Ham their first (away?) victory since August. :lolol::ffsparr:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree. I hope we are.

It's different for newly promoted clubs anyway. I was referring to the ones who are there year after year and the fear of relegation replaces the excitement of being there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Championship, the trouble is our better players don't. Holding on to the likes of Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and Knocky is pretty much down to us getting out of this lottery league.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
To be honest, I'm ambivalent about promotion, I don't think we'll do it this season yet again, unless we have an attack minded manager, but , as always we're short in that department. If Warnock can sign three out of contract players in 24 hours, why don't we have a look ?
Maybe a new face in the dugout (Holloway ?) would make it happen. Would love to see him here pitting his wits against the 'new' managers in the division.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be honest, I'm ambivalent about promotion, I don't think we'll do it this season yet again, unless we have an attack minded manager, but , as always we're short in that department. If Warnock can sign three out of contract players in 24 hours, why don't we have a look ?
Maybe a new face in the dugout (Holloway ?) would make it happen. Would love to see him here pitting his wits against the 'new' managers in the division.

Too negative mate. Respect your opinion but far too early to be thinking like this. We had a couple of sensational runs last season, and we have more strength in depth this season. Don't count us out so idly.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Too negative mate. Respect your opinion but far too early to be thinking like this. We had a couple of sensational runs last season, and we have more strength in depth this season. Don't count us out so idly.

OK, but 'sensational runs' as you put it, came to nothing. Disagree about strength in depth, with Temed out yesterday, who was going to come on to make a change ? CH's substitutions are so negative, especially at home, because we still don't have that fox in the box.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
-1, after a lad got ejected from the family stand.

I thought we might have been treated to the customary 'I did nothing wrong, but still got kicked out' threads.

The silly sausage threw an empty bottle of coke at the celebrating PNE players, after they opened the scoring.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OK, but 'sensational runs' as you put it, came to nothing. Disagree about strength in depth, with Temed out yesterday, who was going to come on to make a change ? CH's substitutions are so negative, especially at home, because we still don't have that fox in the box.

I think the 92nd minute is too late for a game changer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

We've got a joint third best striker, & joint fourth best player in the Championship, plus 7 goal difference, after just 12 games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here