Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is it just me? I just don't care anymore. I used to love watching some teams lose like Man U with their plastic fans, Chelsea when I wanted Mourinho to suffer, Spurs who I have always hated. Last year was a bit of fun with the old guard upset by Leicester. This season it's the same old guard at the top, a few clubs to whom I'm indifferent, and a bunch of clubs like Burnley, Hull etc who were boring clubs in the Championship. Yes, if they are there, I'm reminded now that we should be too - but we aren't. Fortunately, there are more interesting clubs in the Championship. I can't remember the last time I watched a Champions League match and don't even know what channel they are on. I have Sky, but can't see any reason to pay for Sky Sports. Incredibly expensive, although Sky send me special offers which they then tell me I can't have as I have another general Sky deal already. After 5 decades watching the top league and the Champions League, I just have no interest in them at all. Oh, and don't get me started on England! Because I can't be arsed with them either. Fortunately, I still have my beloved Albion and at least the Championship has interesting clubs, managers and football.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have sky but do not subscribe to sports,used to watch a premier game every monday evening when younger,at a friends house,but that was more to do with not having sky and filling the days as a youngster..

England? .........i only raise an interest at the major competitions.

I still would like to see United fail to whoever.....personally i want Liverpool to win it...somehow

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The only real interest I have in us getting to the Prem is to refill TB's coffers. I'd be quite happy for us to be skinflints like Burnley if it meant him getting a large chunk of his money back.

I also wonder how long he can and/or will be prepared to bankroll what I expect to be increasing (financial) losses in The Championship. The alternatives could be horrid

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought maybe it was me. A couple of years ago I could watch most games - I enjoyed watching the likes of Southampton, Stoke, and yes, even Palace, but this season particularly there are very few matches I care about. Just look at today's offering Boro/Watford and Saints/Burnley - couldn't care less about either.

Tomorrows game could be top notch though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do struggle with any live game on the TV now unless Brighton, just lose interest very quickly

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Like Rugrat I'm only interested in the premier league for the money. I don't consider it to be proper football just a load of over theatrical old toss. Give me the odd season every few years just to replenish the coffers, and a few decent cup runs in between and I'll be happy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The only real interest I have in us getting to the Prem is to refill TB's coffers. I'd be quite happy for us to be skinflints like Burnley if it meant him getting a large chunk of his money back.

I also wonder how long he can and/or will be prepared to bankroll what I expect to be increasing (financial) losses in The Championship. The alternatives could be horrid

This.

I want to go up purely so we can continue to operate at the level we are now.
Championship football is where it's at for me. The reality is that to continue at this level, we will need to have the occasional season in the Premier league

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Perfectly put.
It's all about ensuring TB gets his money back and remains in place as Chairman. If he sells to one of the global super rich then I am unsure if my current level of commitment would endure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The championship is brilliant and the only big downfall is the parachute payments and over inflated wages and transfer fees...I'm also only interested in getting promoted for mr bloom as I have no interest in the premiership and can't remember the last time I watched a game and that includes the champions league.
If and when we get promoted I Won't be going to any matches that's a fact as everything about the premiership revolves around the money and ripping off fans.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Is it just me? I just don't care anymore. I used to love watching some teams lose like Man U with their plastic fans, Chelsea when I wanted Mourinho to suffer, Spurs who I have always hated. Last year was a bit of fun with the old guard upset by Leicester. This season it's the same old guard at the top, a few clubs to whom I'm indifferent, and a bunch of clubs like Burnley, Hull etc who were boring clubs in the Championship. Yes, if they are there, I'm reminded now that we should be too - but we aren't. Fortunately, there are more interesting clubs in the Championship. I can't remember the last time I watched a Champions League match and don't even know what channel they are on. I have Sky, but can't see any reason to pay for Sky Sports. Incredibly expensive, although Sky send me special offers which they then tell me I can't have as I have another general Sky deal already. After 5 decades watching the top league and the Champions League, I just have no interest in them at all. Oh, and don't get me started on England! Because I can't be arsed with them either. Fortunately, I still have my beloved Albion and at least the Championship has interesting clubs, managers and football.

Totally this. I thought it was just me. I don't even know who plays for the top premier league teams anymore and don't really care. Unless it's related to the Albion I'd much rather watch boxing or MotoGP. I think it's a loss of the general passion for football due to the commercial stage show it's become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Allan Green (annoying man) suggesting the Bro v Watford game is of Championship standard ..sounds worse!

The REAL tragedy of course is that, while there's so many dreary nothing clubs in the Premier League being paid ridiculous sums just to make up the numbers, the Albion seem incapable of joining them. Tony Bloom must be going privately head-mental in frustration.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Super Sunday +

Middlesboro v Watford
Southampton v Burnley

Sums it up

Watching the last 10 minutes of the Saints game and I can't believe the atmosphere is so dire considering their 3-1 up, nothing from the home or away fans it's like a library!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I only watch match of the day when palace lose.....I've seen it quite a bit this year.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I pay very little attention to the Premier League, I went in the pub yesterday lunchtime with one of my sons, I said to him we would ignore the match on TV and play pool before getting the train to the Amex.
I glanced at the TV screen and actually thought Chelsea were playing Liverpool, shows how much I know.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I know what you meant to a degree, I have only watched a handful of prem games this season BUT last season was brilliant, I ended up watching almost every Leicester game live (they show every game live abroad) in the second half of the season which was awesome. I cannot remember a time when there was so many meh teams in the prem though. As Paul Barber said yesterday on the Albion Roar, I think it would be a far easier task staying in the prem than getting out of the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here