Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2016/17-Your thoughts so far?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So,here we are after the massive heartbreak of last season at the 12 game marker,a stage in the season when i personally start to take the table seriously and Albion are sitting very pretty in 4th position

We have a similar situation to last year with a defense that is sound enough and an apparent perhaps perceived lack of goals? Perhaps we will make them up after March again.....seriously though,delighted for Baldock yesterday again,more please..

What are your views on the season so far,where will we finish?

Can we overcome the lack of Kayal and what would happen if Stephens gets injured?

All factors to consider and for me i am sticking with my view from the day after the Sheffield exit that i personally will still accept a play off slot..

el punal

On course. Need to concentrate to the final whistle. That's two goals needlessly conceded in injury time in consecutive games, one of which cost us two points. On the plus side, compared with our play this time last season, we look much more threatening in attack. Our midfield looks creative and combative, with a good depth of players. The defence overall looks more solid than last season with Dunk outstanding, and Duffy continuing to impress.

Criticism? Stop trying to hang onto one goal leads (like yesterday). We have the players who can put the game to bed, instead we take off a striker, drop back in defence, and allow the opposition to dominate the last ten minutes or so. So frustrating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Considerably higher than I thought we'd be, but that's down to the defence.
The teams attacking options are woeful, and 'points dropped' tally is already mounting up.

I'm also concerned about how reliant the team is on AK.
Sure he's brilliant but it feels like 'I can't pass to knocky so I'll wait until I can' is creeping in.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We will finish second or third. We will go up. The only team we need to fear is ourselves when we do stupid things.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Personally I'd say we should be doing better. We've dropped 5 points at home (3 v Brentford and 2 v Preston) but away from home the results would be as expected (swap winning at Wednesday and drawing at Ipswich). Ultimately we're 5 points worse off than should be expected on paper.

The team seems to rely massively on Knockaert too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Preston were only in the game because we'd gifted them a goal. Baldock was having a good game, we took our foot off the gas and allowed them back in. Close these games out. Inevitably we're going to end up in the poxy play offs again. Yay.

el punal

Personally I'd say we should be doing better. We've dropped 5 points at home (3 v Brentford and 2 v Preston) but away from home the results would be as expected (swap winning at Wednesday and drawing at Ipswich). Ultimately we're 5 points worse off than should be expected on paper.

Those are pretty high expectations. In fairness we have been reasonably consistent and are within four points of top spot. Yes, it was a bad performance against Brentford and we were second best against Newcastle. Yesterday was frustrating because we really had three points in the bag. Having said that we have also produced some dominant performances - Nottm.Forest, Rotherham, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday as examples.

Perhaps a good pointer to "where we are at" will be in a couple of weeks time when we play Norwich. Can't wait!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty good so far but AK is now being targeted every game as the supply line and the back up is not great, Murphy needs to do much better but we may need Solly back quicker.

Think we will be buying a forward in January as well

el punal

Pretty good so far but AK is now being targeted every game as the supply line and the back up is not great, Murphy needs to do much better but we may need Solly back quicker.

Think we will be buying a forward in January as well

I must admit I was disappointed with Murphy's performance yesterday, and overall this season he hasn't been the force that he should be. Perhaps it's a confidence thing, similar to Bong a few weeks ago, and hopefully one outstanding contribution might change things for the better.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Considerably higher than I thought we'd be, but that's down to the defence.
The teams attacking options are woeful, and 'points dropped' tally is already mounting up.

I'm also concerned about how reliant the team is on AK.
Sure he's brilliant but it feels like 'I can't pass to knocky so I'll wait until I can' is creeping in.

Woeful attacking options. Seriously. We have scored 16 in 12. Not brilliant but hardly woeful. It's amazing we're fourth in the league as according to NSC we have woeful attacking options and a keeper who is completely out of form.

There seems to be an overuse of the word 'woeful' on this forum over the weekend. We are fourth. Not bottom.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Talk about over expectations. We've had a great start. Of the three teams who got to the play offs last season, we're doing comfortably better than the others and despite spending significantly less this summer than the other two.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The play-offs are a lottery and we seem incapable of putting these games to bed.
Got to aim for automatic promotion, but if I had to bet the farm on it, I would say it is unlikely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woeful attacking options. Seriously. We have scored 16 in 12. Not brilliant but hardly woeful. It's amazing we're fourth in the league as according to NSC we have woeful attacking options and a keeper who is completely out of form.

There seems to be an overuse of the word 'woeful' on this forum over the weekend. We are fourth. Not bottom.
Murray Baldock and Manu.

The case for the defence rests, m'lud.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Murray Baldock and Manu.

The case for the defence rests, m'lud.

You mean Murray who has six goals already this season, Baldock who featured regularly in a team that came third last season and carefully forget Hemed, 17 goals last season and three for Israel during the international break. As I said, hardly woeful. And just saying names doesn't make a case

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mean Murray who has six goals already this season, Baldock who featured regularly in a team that came third last season and carefully forget Hemed, 17 goals last season and three for Israel during the international break. As I said, hardly woeful. And just saying names doesn't make a case
Hemed wasn't/isn't available.

No team can be more acutely aware of leaving points on the pitch than the Albion.
Yet here we are again, only winning by odd goals, drawing from winning positions and occasionally put to the sword by, the mercifully rare, clinical side.

The team is great, although as said, seems to be getting a little reliant on one man.
But without imposing themselves on the opposition, once again we'll be having a summer of 'what if's', and already we already have enough of 'those' games.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

No team can be more acutely aware of leaving points on the pitch than the Albion.
Yet here we are again, only winning by odd goals, drawing from winning positions and occasionally put to the sword by, the mercifully rare, clinical side.

The team is great, although as said, seems to be getting a little reliant on one man.
But without imposing themselves on the opposition, once again we'll be having a summer of 'what if's', and already we already have enough of 'those' games.

Hemed missed one game. This thread is about the season so far.

I honestly don't get the negativity. We are fourth in the league. We have also won three games by more than a goal, which we hadn't at this point last year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

with you there young Stato

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
I would like them to play a bit more positively instead of defending one goal leads. A lack of desire to kill off games will hurt them against the big teams.

But I'm happy with 4th atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't help but feel that we're looking far from The Real Deal this season, despite the flattering league position. Attacking options are threadbare to say the least, and despite the stats, defence looks too ropey too often. Only in midfield do we look like the finished article. On evidence so far, might just about scrape into the play-offs, but finishing top two is out of the question. Season hinges on a successful January transfer window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here