Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phelan

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Could he be the shortest lasting full time managerial appointment? Hul were dire yesterday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's already been in charge for longer than the 10 mins Leroy Rosenior spent managing Torquay in 2007.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I thought Rosenior was at Torquay for years?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was a bad appointment in the first place, two flukey wins to start the season and 1 draw in the 6 games since. Tosh team, second tier club - 20th spot sewn up ala Aston Villa last seaaon.

Nobody wanted the job, which is why Phelan got it. You'd have thought some crap foreigner would want the payday and exposure though, some moron like Remi Garde or Pepe Mel, for example.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Tosh team, second tier club - 20th spot sewn up ala Aston Villa last seaaon.

Hull, Sunderland and Stoke are all tussling for that 20th spot. None have shown anything yet to suggest that they all won't get stranded at the bottom.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was thinking that

He might actually get his P45 and Termination Payment before he gets his first wage slip and salary as Permanent Manager.

OK the first 4 games they sat in and defended and ground out results but since then they have been hopeless. That said, the Manager has been given very little to spend in comparison with other clubs in that league. Although it won't take Phelan long to lose the support of the players because he doesn't come across as the nicest bloke in town.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hull, Sunderland and Stoke are all tussling for that 20th spot. None have shown anything yet to suggest that they all won't get stranded at the bottom.

I think Burnley will see to it that they don't get cut adrift

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Agree on Sunderland. Think Stoke have enough quality in their team to get out of it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hull were dire yesterday.

They weren't even that good.

Even their goal was scored by Bournemouth for them. I reckon a few sides might put 10+ past them before the season is over.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Seeing the shambles that is Hull just makes me think we were robbed of a Prem place by a club that don't know how to run themselves but know how to cream off and spend their Sky millions. Makes a mockery of our third place last season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seeing the shambles that is Hull just makes me think we were robbed of a Prem place by a club that don't know how to run themselves but know how to cream off and spend their Sky millions. Makes a mockery of our third place last season.

Does seem a waste of a PL place as they are finishing bottom, even those two wins were quite lucky.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Wish I had a £ for every time a caretaker manager has got a few results, got the job permanently, then gone on a terrible run.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It was clear that some of those Hull players were not even making an effort.

No tracking runners, no closing down and no effort to block anything.

Makes your blood boil really - all that effort to get to the premier league (the dream of every pro footballer apparently) and then can't be arsed to turn up when they get there.

MP has a real job of his hands to turn that bunch of wasters into anything remotely premier level.

el punal

Unfortunately the Championship play-off winners list is littered with "you lucky, lucky b**tard" contenders. In recent seasons think Palace, QPR, Hull City. The cookie definitely does not crumble for the deserving.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here