Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston (h) player ratings

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 5 - big alarm bells in possession and guilty of a camalitous mess with...
Bruno 5 - uncharacteristically poor. Had a stinker of a first half where he hardly did a thing right. Much better second half and a good assist but the damage had been done
Duffy 6 - had a very good game until he was outmuscled by their giant who got the wrong side of him
Dunk 8 MOTM - another commanding display.
Bong 7 - tidy
Norwood - 6 I gather he had a good game at Wednesday but I didn't see much today. Stephens should have started
Sidwell 6 - ditto Norwood
Murphy 5 - I forgot he was on the pitch at one point
Baldock 7 - pace caused them problems and a great finish. Two in two! Terrible substitution by CH
Murray 7 - lovely turn for the goal. Classy
Knockeart 7 - they consistently doubled up on him and it wasn't vintage AK but he still had some good moments

Stephens 6

CH - team selection and substitutions poor for me but let down by the captain and the keeper

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 4. Nothing much to do, but what he did do was poor. At least 50% to blame for first goal and I think he could have done more to stop the second.
Bruno 6. Loses a couple of points for the dreadful back pass to Stockdale that resulted in the first goal. Apart from that I thought he had a good game.
Dunk 8 Excellent.
Duffy 6. Partly responsible for second goal. Apart from that a decent game.
Bong 7. At times looked back to his best, but lost his man a couple of times late on.
Sidwell 6. A silly pass in the first half could have cost us a goal. Apart from that OK.
Norwood 8. Good game.
Murphy 7. Best I've seen him play for a long time, but loses a point for giving the ball away leading to their second goal.
Knockaert 7 A few moments of magic, but too often held on to the ball for too long when good options were available.
Baldock 8. Well taken goal and a good performance. Him and Murray are the best striker pairing.
Murray 8. Excellent goal and some great hold up play and lay-offs particularly in the 2nd half.

Subs:
Stephens 7. Did what was asked of him.

Manager 5. Responsible for letting us get far too defensive late in the 2nd half when we should have been going all out for a 3rd goal. Unnecessary substitution.

Shocking defensive lapses threw away two points today.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Stockdale 4.
Bruno 6.
Dunk 9
Duffy 6.
Bong 7.
Sidwell 5.
Norwood 7.
Murphy 8
Knockaert 7
Baldock 8.
Murray 8.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 4 No excuse for goal. very poor back pass but had plenty of time to clear. What on earth was he doing dribbling round there forward.
Bong 5 Very poor fist half. Terrible crossing and distribution
Dunk 7 Good
Duffy 6 Until I see highlights someone has to take blame for 2nd game.
Bruno 5 Apart from backpass crossing was so poor.
Norwood 5 It was home game should expect more attacking play from midfielders
Sidwell 5 ditto
Knockhaert 6 Very reluctant to say but poor today. Shooting was terrible and lucky not to have got 5th booking for dive
Murry 7 Played well. Hemed or Baldock do not have the skill to have scored 2nd goal
Baldock 5 Ok he got the goal but apart from running does very little.
Murphy 7 Good game much more direct then Skalak
Hughton Why on earth did he take easy way out and keep same side. This was home game why didnt he play Stevens who is far more attack minded. Norwood far too defensive for home games. I really hope Towell gets fit.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale - 4
Bruno - 5
Bong - 7
Dunk - 7.5
Duffy - 6
Sidwell - 6
Norwood - 6.5
Murphy - 6.5
Knockeart- 7
Murray - 8 MOTM
Baldock - 7

Stephens - 6

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Stockdale 4 - a weak game by his standards. A poor first touch that led to their first goal.
Bruno 5 - atoned slightly for his awful ball back to Stockdale and ridiculous backheel with the assist for our first. Otherwise a real mixed bag.
Duffy 4 - wound up far too easily by their 25, won a lot in the air but awful distribution at times. Compounded by his horrific defending for their second. Quite why Goldson isn't back in the team yet...
Dunk 8 - excellent.
Bong 8 - excellent.
Knocky 7 - did a lot right, but chose the wrong option at times. End product was lacking today.
Sidwell 6 - a 4 first half, and an 8 second. The drop in quality from Kayal to Sidwell is obviously though.
Norwood 6 - - fantastic ball through to Bruno for our first. Dictates play well but lacks the movement to truly trouble teams in a two man midfield.
Murphy 7 - got an assist, one of our better attackers, but just lacks that extra little bit to make the step up in terms of end product, and that was evident on numerous occasions today.
Baldock 8 - a non-entity first half, but he really stepped up second and shouldn't have come off. Needs to get into the box more regularly as he is this season.
Murray 8 - excellent really. Some great touches and such a well taken goal.

Stephens 6 - can't be blamed for the concession but his substitution brought a change of mentality that simply wasn't needed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 4
Bruno 5 - glad he turned up in the second half
Bong 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Norwood 5 - disappointing in the first half
Sidwell 6 - marginally better than Norwood though not by much
Murphy 7
Knockaert 7
Murray 7
Baldock 7

Stephens 6

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 4 Not very good as he had 2 things to do and f....d up both
Bruno 5 Very poor game by his standards
Duffy 7 Generally good performance bar the 2nd goal being outmuscled.
Dunk 8 Very good as usual. Very assured carrying the ball out of defence
Bong 7 Getting back to his best
Knockaert 6 Falls over too easily so doesnt get the kicks he should or deserves.
Sidwell 6 Steady but not offering a lot when on his feet.
Norwood 7 Offered more than Sidwell
Murphy 6 Made a number of dazy runs but not enough and marked down a point for stupidly losing the ball in injury time for their 2nd goal.
Murray 7 Took his goal well and lead the line well until losing his partner.
Baldock 7 Kept their defence occupied and took his goal well and we missed him when he went off.

Subs;
Stephens 6 not on long enough to influence the game

CH/Management 5 cost us 2 points with a poor substitution which gave them the impetus.

Dec 4, 2013
stockdale 5
bruno 5
bong 5
dunk 6
duffy 6
murphy 7
norwood 8
sidwell 6
knockaert 7.5
murray 8
baldock 7

Dec 4, 2013
i think people so far are being very harsh on murphy and norwood neither of whom i have been particularly impressed by until today, but i thought they did very well today.
think i'm being harsh on dunk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
i think people so far are being very harsh on murphy and norwood neither of whom i have been particularly impressed by until today, but i thought they did very well today.

Listened to player and WA said that Murphy had a very good game but was out on his feet when he lost the ball leading to their 2nd.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Just a few thoughts
Stockdale. He is a superb Championship and probably bottom half of PL keeper. He is not Manuel Neuer and needs to cut out the shimmies, and clever/show boating footwork in the box. Also needs to get his angles and howitzer clearances right again.
Bong. Almost back to his best
Norwood/Sidwell. Slow games down but still a good pairing. No problems with them as a pairing
Murphy. Magnificent at running across the front of a defence, less good at going forwards. Frustrating player
Baldock. Seems to be thriving at the moment - out of position to receive passes on occasion but he is coming very good
CH. the substitution told everyone we were shutting up shop. We started defending too deep. Exactly like Derby away last season. As someone said on another thread the better substitution would have been Elvis - no one knows what he will do but he will break up the game.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale - 4
Bruno - 5
Bong - 7
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 6
Sidwell - 7
Norwood - 5
Murphy - 6
Knockeart- 7
Murray - 8 MOTM
Baldock - 7

Stephens - 6

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Agree with the OP apart from his rating of Murphy who I thought was industrious and busy throughout.

Glad it wasn't just me. He is the lads favourite player so I guess we end up taking more notice when he is on the ball. Mainly because a pass comes in and I get a grab of the arm and 'Murphy!'

I felt first half especially he was our best player, only one making moves and trying to do something different whilst also not making silly mistakes

I also think the players and especially Bruno overly rely on Knockers. There were plenty of times that others were free and in better positions or a cross could go in and instead they tried to find him. He would then try and do too much, fall over and ask for a foul. He is a great player and I love him but we can take advantage of that by also bringing other players into the game meaning the opposition can't just double up on AK.

Murphy ended up playing pretty central at times just to try and get a touch of the ball.

Fair port

Apr 19, 2012
Glad it wasn't just me. He is the lads favourite player so I guess we end up taking more notice when he is on the ball. Mainly because a pass comes in and I get a grab of the arm and 'Murphy!'

I felt first half especially he was our best player, only one making moves and trying to do something different whilst also not making silly mistakes

I also think the players and especially Bruno overly rely on Knockers. There were plenty of times that others were free and in better positions or a cross could go in and instead they tried to find him. He would then try and do too much, fall over and ask for a foul. He is a great player and I love him but we can take advantage of that by also bringing other players into the game meaning the opposition can't just double up on AK.

Murphy ended up playing pretty central at times just to try and get a touch of the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale 5
Bruno 5
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 6
Sidwell 6
Norwood 7
Murphy 7
Baldock 7
Murray 7

Stephens 6

Average ratings based on an average performance. Not sure who I would give MOTM to. Based on 1st half, it would probably be Murphy but for the game as a whole, I can't decide.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Well your lad has an ''ally'' - I find it hard to ever say anything bad against him either, given that he was former Motherwell player

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Murphy is easily passed when defending, he doesn't do enough in that department, in my humble opinion, and was at fault for their second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here