Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new outside big screen

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Is this a one off or there for the season?

Seems an odd addition unless it's a cheap/free thing?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I feared the worst when I approached the stadium, thought there had been a real fire drill or something. But no, it was thousands of people milling about watching Chelsea v Leicester. Clearly a huge success (and maybe a precursor to ramping up the catering available outside the ground?).

It was already 3-0 when I got there, anybody able to report if a huge roar went up when the goals went in like they do on the concourses?

Oh, and hats off to the technology, it was still functioning perfectly ('Thank You All For Your Support') after the game despite being mercilessly drenched in a downpour for the previous half hour!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I feared the worst when I approached the stadium, thought there had been a real fire drill or something. But no, it was thousands of people milling about watching Chelsea v Leicester. Clearly a huge success (and maybe a precursor to ramping up the catering available outside the ground?).

It was already 3-0 when I got there, anybody able to report if a huge roar went up when the goals went in like they do on the concourses?

Oh, and hats off to the technology, it was still functioning perfectly ('Thank You All For Your Support') after the game despite being mercilessly drenched in a downpour for the previous half hour!

I walked past and went in and watched the last half hour on the west upper concourse and there was no cheering when Moses made it 3-0.

I walked past and went in and watched the last half hour on the west upper concourse and there was no cheering when Moses made it 3-0.

Likewise in Dick's Bar. I was sitting in front of one of the screens, reading, not watching the TV. The third goal came and there was no noticeable reaction from anyone. I only noticed that the score had changed when the final whistle blew.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Likewise in Dick's Bar. I was sitting in front of one of the screens, reading, not watching the TV. The third goal came and there was no noticeable reaction from anyone. I only noticed that the score had changed when the final whistle blew.

I was outside watching the band and can confirm there was no reaction to the third goal. Wasn't there for the first two, so can't comment on them.

It was much better than I'd imagined and looked pretty permanent to me. A positive addition, I'd say.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought the screen was a great idea. We positioned ourselves equidistant from the screen and the band, were close to the Harveys bar and the sun was shining. Excellent pre match.

I do love it when someone brings a bit of class with a statement like that to a conversation which was going nowhere..........BRILLIANT

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here