Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale poor again

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm afraid Stockdale has cost us points again today. I know people will reference our good defensive record prior to today however can't recall him having to make a telling save in that run apart from maybe the Barnsley game. With the big errors in the Reading and Newcastle games and again today should Maenpaa be given a chance?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm afraid Stockdale has cost us points again today. I know people will reference our good defensive record prior to today however can't recall him having to make a telling save in that run apart from maybe the Barnsley game. With the big errors in the Reading and Newcastle games and again today should Maenpaa be given a chance?

Will you be starting a thread on Bruno for his part in there first goal?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Will you be starting a thread on Bruno for his part in there first goal?

Bruno hasn't made several costly errors this season and atoned for his error by putting our first goal on a plate for Baldock. But yes he wasn't his best today, what's that got to do with Stockdale?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah because every keeper should be able to chest a ball and clear it in one movement.

No surprise the stockdale haters will be out in force tonight

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Initially yes, but Stockdale made a complete hash of clearing it. That's not conjecture.

Ridiculous pass from Bruno but I don't think it's too much to ask to think Stockdale would put his foot through the ball or head it away from the onrushing Preston player. Instead he tried to control it with his chest then thigh and we know the rest.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm baffled by his actions in both goals actually. A header going at that pace should not be able to go in so easily. If I was NM I would be I expecting a game on tuesday.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How can you be a Stockdale HATER? show me a keeper that has not made mistakes, sounds like it was mostly Brunos fault anyway.
We came back to 2-1 as well, who made a mistake, if any, for the equaliser?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ridiculous pass from Bruno but I don't think it's too much to ask to think Stockdale would put his foot through the ball or head it away from the onrushing Preston player. Instead he tried to control it with his thigh and we know the rest.

100% this. See the (very obvious) danger and just leather it out. I'm a big fan of Stockdale but that was just terrible.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm baffled by his actions in both goals actually. A header going at that pace should not be able to go in so easily. If I was NM I would be I expecting a game on tuesday.

Second goal was good placement simple geez...if u r going to moan mention how cheaply we gave the ball to the them

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I am certainly not a Stockdale hater BTW but he did seem less confident today. Threw a couple of dummies in the area after their goal, which fortunately worked out, otherwise he really would be having a rest Tuesday.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How can you be a Stockdale HATER? show me a keeper that has not made mistakes, sounds like it was mostly Brunos fault anyway.
We came back to 2-1 as well, who made a mistake, if any, for the equaliser?

I'm not a Stockdale hater, I think he was very good last season. However he has been distinctly average so far this season making some notable errors and we have quality back up in Maenpaa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here