Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why tell opposition fans about our favourite pubs?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Why do BHA fans go onto oppositions fans forums and start recommending local favourite pubs for the opponents to drink at? Seen this a few times when checking out the current opponents forum!

This weeks recommendations

"Not sure about the bus - I can't hack a 35 min bus journey with my peanut bladder.

I know Brighton reasonably well, I reckon it's not a 20 min walk down to the Bright Helm - 10-15 more like, but then we're from the north and we walk quick like.

I also like the look of the Queens Head and the Prince Albert pubs right by the station - both look nice, what do you reckon mate?"

Yeah about 10 mins, its a crap pub though, its Weatherspoons. Prince Albert, Battle of Trafalgar are superb, avoid Queens Head.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?96886-Brighton-roll-call/page10

Why do BHA fans go onto oppositions fans forums and start recommending local favourite pubs for the opponents to drink at? Seen this a few times when checking out the current opponents forum!

"Not sure about the bus - I can't hack a 35 min bus journey with my peanut bladder.

I know Brighton reasonably well, I reckon it's not a 20 min walk down to the Bright Helm - 10-15 more like, but then we're from the north and we walk quick like.

I also like the look of the Queens Head and the Prince Albert pubs right by the station - both look nice, what do you reckon mate?"

Yeah about 10 mins, its a crap pub though, its Weatherspoons. Prince Albert, Battle of Trafalgar are superb, avoid Queens Head.

Do you work for the local tourist board by any chance ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Fair enough just seems odd to me to recommend places favoured by locals when you have no idea who you are recommending them too!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Or where TKMaxx is, some of us with a size 12 wide fitting find it hard enough finding shoes as it is, without Norwich or Villa fans joining in the up the escalator to the top floor by the back wall bun fight.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How does a "Soft Shandy" Southerner recommend a pub to a hard Northern Pint of Stella wife beater? :jester:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Always enjoy a chat with whoever we are playing home or away , as funny as give em a good kick in is , it would be pants if we went back to the old days in this respect .

If they are good bunch - why not?

I wouldn't encourage it for the likes of Millwall of CP of course but most clubs fans are just like us.

You might think differently if you'd have been in the pub near London Bridge Station the day we stuffed Charlton 4-0 and Millwall beat Palace by a big margin at Selhurst Park.

The joint celebrations between Millwall and Albion fans came as a big surprise to everyone who was there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yup, sorry I agree with other posters, I like having a chat and a pint with fans of other clubs especially GENUINE fans of teams like Barnsley, Huddersfield and Preston, much better conversation than the sky sports Man utd twats in pubs on a Sunday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm glad folk are broadcasting Brighton's excellence to others. Keep it up

Jan 30, 2008

TO MANY TOBY'S, THAT'S WHY
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here