Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel advice for today's game please - need to drive back to London ASAP after match

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Hello good folks of NSC.

I'm back in the UK for a while and finally able to catch a match for the first time in over 3 years punk: The last time I was at the Amex was for the Palace play off semi :wrong: Hoping for a better outcome today, I'm anticipating a 3-0 victory as yesterday walking around London I counted 3 shops/bars with Albion in their name :thumbsup:

The thing is I've never driven to the Amex on match day before and not sure of the best way/place to park nearby and be able to make a quick getaway. I'm thinking of parking in Lewes and then taking the train from there to avoid the queues back to Brighton. Is that feasible these days with all the Southern Rail issues?

Thanks for any help and tips!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Trains back to Lewes can have queues because people from Eastbourne won't get on a Lewes/Seaford train and wait at Lewes (despite there being the chance of a London train) and people from Seaford won't get on an Eastbourne/Seaford train and wait at Lewes (despite there being the chance of a London train).

You can pay on the gate at the Bridge but it's a bugger to get out of.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I wanted to get away quickly, I'd drive to the Bridge and get there early so you're in a prime position close to the exit (which is where you come in), making sure your car is facing the right way.

I'd also be on my toes at the final whislte, walking as briskly as I could back to the car park.

Doing this should have you on your way very quickly, if £15 poorer.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Take it to the bridge.:rock:

It's opposite Stanmer park, by Southern Water, BACA.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7627566 said:
Thanks for the advice, and excuse the ignorance, but what/where exactly is "The Bridge"? Also, how early before Kick Off should I arrive in order to get a prime position? Thanks!

It's on the A270 past Falmer if heading south on the A27. If using satnav it's Lucraft Rd BN2 4PN.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7627583 said:
Thanks chaps, and at what time would I need to get there in order to find a decent spot near the exit?

1pm should be fine. Any earlier if you're able.

When you get there you'll soon figure it out. As I say, you exit the car park where you enter it, so aim to park as close to that as you can. There's often the odd space between parked cars close by early on, so keep a look out.

Walking quickly post-match will make up for some sacrifice of prime position!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
1pm should be fine. Any earlier if you're able.

When you get there you'll soon figure it out. As I say, you exit the car park where you enter it, so aim to park as close to that as you can. There's often the odd space between parked cars close by early on, so keep a look out.

Walking quickly post-match will make up for some sacrifice of prime position!

Cheers Bozza! Looking forward to it, hope my 3-0 prediction is correct :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd leave now if I were you.
Putting my penny worth in, I use P&R. Presuming in any situation you'll be leaving on 89 minutes maybe Mill Road would be a good bet.
I've seen the queues from the Bridge up Coldean Lane and they can be slow. Not sure what the get away from Mill Road is like but at least you are on the right road (A27/A23)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just to put a spanner in the works, Mill Road P & R might be quicker, if you leave before the final whistle :ohmy:

Instead of parking in MR go right under the road bridge and park there.
It's right by the first drop off but you'll be able to drive straight back out under the railway bridge onto the A23.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Just to put a spanner in the works, Mill Road P & R might be quicker, if you leave before the final whistle :ohmy:

Instead of parking in MR go right under the road bridge and park there.
It's right by the first drop off but you'll be able to drive straight back out under the railway bridge onto the A23.

This is sound advice and I always find the quickest for me. However I haven't really tried many others so may be wrong.

The boy and I always head to the club shop for a bit after the game so often the queues for buses back have died down a bit.

I have a 70 mile drive home after a home match so the bus but doesn't really bother me too much

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here