Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans moved?????

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So a massive thread about a very pertinent subject, which followed a much bigger thread, has been moved. Why can't the suspect posts be removed/deleted and those crossing the line receive infractions or bans.

I haven't been on the thread since the news of the not guilty verdict broke so can anyone enlighten me as to whether the posts that followed were worse than some of those on the original thread?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So a massive thread about a very pertinent subject, which followed a much bigger thread, has been moved. Why can't the suspect posts be removed/deleted and those crossing the line receive infractions or bans.
Maybe it will come back after the mods have had a chance to edit it. Or maybe they don't have time, and it's just easier to remove it.

I haven't been on the thread since the news of the not guilty verdict broke so can anyone enlighten me as to whether the posts that followed were worse than some of those on the original thread?
I think someone called him a rapist, which is libel. I didn't see much more than that, but there may have been. I'll give you a quick summary of the whole case though:

I was right all along.
I told you so.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is called " Libel ". Which there was a lot of potential for. Whether people like it or not he has been found Innocent and any suggestion to the contrary written on here is potentially Libellous. Bozza's site, Bozza's call

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I'm sure the mods have better things to do than be online reading every single comment on the thread as soon as they're posted to monitor..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There will a lot of people on both threads spitting blood, both at the result and because of being shown to be wrong. They're probably glad the thread has been removed!

I wonder if one of them is a mod................................................................................................!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure the mods have better things to do than be online reading every single comment on the thread as soon as they're posted to monitor..
If someone says something libelous, surely that's their problem, not Bozza's? Of course I understand if Bozza just doesn't want the grief regardless of whether it's his problem. If people are going to post libelous stuff that could cause the site problems, perhaps it's just best to warn them and ban them if necessary.

On a personal note, I've decided not to press charges after being falsely accused of being a rape apologist.

EDIT - just seen the old thread below "thread moved to protect people from themselves"

Lol.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shame, because there was, in between some ignorant comments, some good arguments about the legal situation.

Thanks to those that clarified the reasons for the removal

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If someone says something libelous, surely that's their problem, not Bozza's? Of course I understand if Bozza just doesn't want the grief regardless of whether it's his problem. If people are going to post libelous stuff that could cause the site problems, perhaps it's just best to warn them and ban them if necessary.

On a personal note, I've decided not to press charges after being falsely accused of being a rape apologist.

EDIT - just seen the old thread below "thread moved to protect people from themselves"

Lol.

There was a libelous comment about Ched Evans and a witness.

Bozza has had legal letters sent to him before (not about this case) and threats to sue him personally for content on Nsc, so safety first.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The BBC site says that social media is now naming the woman , illegally.. So I guess Bozza is right to pull it .
Can I say that I, for one am pleased that Justice prevailed, even though he still acted like a prize you-know-what

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What happens now about the time he spent in prison when he shouldn't have ( based on today's verdict ) ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There was a libelous comment about Ched Evans and a witness.

Bozza has had legal letters sent to him before (not about this case) and threats to sue him personally for content on Nsc, so safety first.

Fair enough then, I guess. Pity it couldn't have been just the offending post(s) that got wiped though. There's always some idiot who spoils it for everybody else......................

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A classic example of someone hiding behind a keyboard and spouting off stuff that is in a public domain.

If people want to say such stuff say it elsewhere than NSC.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fair enough then, I guess. Pity it couldn't have been just the offending post(s) that got wiped though. There's always some idiot who spoils it for everybody else......................

Posts were then quoted by others which magnifies the virus unfortunately.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think it is called " Libel ". Which there was a lot of potential for. Whether people like it or not he has been found Innocent and any suggestion to the contrary written on here is potentially Libellous. Bozza's site, Bozza's call

I thought he had been found not guilty.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here