Connor Goldson signs new four year deal

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Club tweet.

Good news.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That's excellent news and I'm sure his chance to play 1st team football will not be far away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is. I was concerned he might want to start looking elsewhere for first team football, as he is more than good enough to be starting in the Championship.

Of course, this makes no difference to that really, other than the fact we'd at least get a better fee.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent.

Dunk, March, Goldson tied up on new deals.

Stockdale, Knockaert and Kayal next please.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/connor-goldson-brighton-hove-albion-3361614.aspx

Albion boss Chris Hughton said:
"Connor had a great first season with us, and particularly in the second half of the campaign, when he was excellent. He has made great progress in his first year and earned his new deal; he thoroughly deserves it and I've no doubt he has a very bright future ahead with us. He has been a little bit unfortunate with injury at the start of the season, but he is back to full fitness now and ready to seize his opportunity.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Good to keep a top quality group of CBs together. If we can keep Dunk, Duffy and Goldson that's a really strong CB line up. With Uwe for a back up if two are out at once.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO contracts are a means to an end.Yes we are protected (as is the player !!),however,with release clauses etc,i feel what it does mean a prem team,cannot come in and steal him.DS and BK have not signed (yet ),only because they can keep all options open,and you cant blame them if there is a chance when their contract finnishes , a prem wage packet awaits ( maybe with us ).IMO they could be stalling on a new contract,not because of the wage offered,but the release clauses..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here