Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best (worst) communication from the club this week

Best (worst) communication from the club this week?

• ...and the evolving fashion in casual footwear during the first five-year term at the Amex.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • ... not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • ... a more relaxed dresscode, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think we've seen through their little game, the tinkers. They've been intentionally sending out ridiculous statements to fans to see if anyone noticed.

What was the best (and by that we mean 'worst') that the club has produced this week?

a) RE: Trainers in the 1901. "The amendment follows feedback from members and the evolving fashion in casual footwear during the first five-year term at the Amex. We have researched the requirements at other sporting venues across the country and have amended our dress code accordingly."

b) RE: Besmirching the good name of the club. "Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means.

This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media."

c) RE: The shock news that there are places available in the Seven Stars (for £12 per match). "visitors in the lounge can take advantage of a more relaxed dresscode, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn."

d) Something else, please state.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to keep my powder dry on this one, until 5pm tomorrow.
I reckon the reason for starting Murray and Hemed will be legendary.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Are you trying to besmirch the good name of the Club? You will be getting a letter.

Don't tell him your name, Bozza.

20161008_fnp501.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
At least the besmirching had some kind of decent message behind it. But even with the 'dinning' mistake, the hot news that you can have a program for £12 and the club won't tell you what to wear, it's the line about 'evolving fashion in casual footwear' that wins it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the best (best) communication was that a deadline is a deadline and no shirt will ve issued free

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinda get the feeling the press release meeting looks a little like this , nobody can believe their ears but do as they're told anyway .

keystone-cops-granger.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Where's Mouldy Boots when you need him?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In a week of excellence in pushing out corporate bollox, I'm finding it hard to choose a winner. I choose "Other" - all of them are winners.

I'm taking my mother for hospitality again (if she keeps this up, she's going to have to get a ST), so I'm going to have to take a spare pair of shoes. Now that I'm allowed to wear trainers in the lounge, I simply have to avail myself of the opportunity - it's free, you'd be mad not to. But, I have to wear non-trainers while eating. So - arrive in trainers, change into brogues (thanks for the tip HKFC) to lunch, change back into trainers for the first half, back into brogues for HT tea, back into trainers for the second half, back into brogues for the FT pie in the restaurant, and finally back into trainers for meeting my friends in my normal lounge. Beyonce has nothing on me for costume changes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now that I'm allowed to wear trainers in the lounge, I simply have to avail myself of the opportunity - it's free, you'd be mad not to.

NSC's best line of the week for me.

Good of you to come along again, BTW. I guess we're quite good again now - welcome back aboard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This latest international break bolleaux has patently left the club with WAY too much time on its hands, much the same as the rest of us.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Good of you to come along again, BTW. I guess we're quite good again now - welcome back aboard.

Meowww. :wink:

Can anyone remind me where the stadium is, please? Are we still playing at Withdean?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In a week of excellence in pushing out corporate bollox, I'm finding it hard to choose a winner. I choose "Other" - all of them are winners.

I'm taking my mother for hospitality again (if she keeps this up, she's going to have to get a ST), so I'm going to have to take a spare pair of shoes. Now that I'm allowed to wear trainers in the lounge, I simply have to avail myself of the opportunity - it's free, you'd be mad not to. But, I have to wear non-trainers while eating. So - arrive in trainers, change into brogues (thanks for the tip HKFC) to lunch, change back into trainers for the first half, back into brogues for HT tea, back into trainers for the second half, back into brogues for the FT pie in the restaurant, and finally back into trainers for meeting my friends in my normal lounge. Beyonce has nothing on me for costume changes.

Yes but where do you leave the pair of shoes / trainers that you're not wearing at the time? Crafty man bag (in which case they could technically be said to be a part of your attire though not in the correct place)? Under the table like a creepy pair of spare feet that people might accidentally tread on and freak out (bang on trend with that clown nonsense going on)? Will PB be hiring those shoe storing racks you see at bowling alleys and soft play areas? Will there be a TRAINER ALARM installed at the barrier? And will it say "unexpected item in the dinning area" should you bring in your trainers, even in any of the manners described above? Will this mean leaving them outside the door for any Tom, Dick or Harry to steal (I'm assuming your trainers are as expensive, clean and bespoke as your wine collection)?

I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Will there be a TRAINER ALARM installed at the barrier? And will it say "unexpected item in the dinning area" should you bring in your trainers, even in any of the manners described above?

:clap: Brilliant!

For the record, some bottles in my wine collection are very far from clean - you can barely read the labels :nono:

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
We have researched the requirements at other sporting venues across the country and have amended our dress code accordingly."

I thought we were supposed to be leaders not followers. A more forward looking Club obviously made the perfectly sensible decision long before we did.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here