Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most money you've ever won on BHAFC from the bookies?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I won't ever forget Charlton away on a cold February night in 2010. The season was plodding on, with inconsistency the best way to describe it. The Withdean record was shocking but away form was promising with Gus Poyet sorting out the players he wanted and promising loan signings like Arismendi from Stoke on loan, valued at £3m.

Brighton were 13/2 to win at high-flying Charlton but a HUGE 25/1 to win 2-1 on the correct score. I had a tenner on that and was ecstatic when Charlton grabbed a consolation deep in injury time. £260 is the most I've won on a single match.

I'm sure a lot of fans have done a correct scorecast or maybe to win the League One title in 2011? McShane and 1-0 to win at the scum going back a bit further? What's your biggest win on the Seagulls?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Like many, I had money on Paul McShane as 1st and last goalscorer at Selhurst Park that night. I think I had £2 on each at 40/1

It might have been 80/1 actually.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Had £50 e/w on Zamora at 25/1 to be Div 1 top scorer. Won just over £1,700.

The season before £100 win on Brighton to win Div 2 at 10/1.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About £1500 in the Double Championes season at Withdean, with several smallish bets starting at prices as high as 25/1.

Having said that, blindly betting this season on Murray and Knocky to score anytime in every game for a fixed stake looks highly likely to produce as big an overall profit.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Remember Gus taking us down to Cardiff. Had Orlandi £10 first scorer 2-0 @200-1. Got back to mate's place in Dardy and hadn't confirmed the ****** bet. Always read the betting confirmation to myself now.

Otherwise always won on correct scores when we had our run against Liverpool in the 80's and not much else.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
£800

Coincidentally from a bet staked the day I signed up to NSC.

Viewing as a guest I saw the breaking news that Zamora had signed and the independent bookie near my work had a 16-1 win only special offer for the title. £50 on and I thought it a good idea to sign up to NSC to alert people to the offer.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
£800

Coincidentally from a bet staked the day I signed up to NSC.

Viewing as a guest I saw the breaking news that Zamora had signed and the independent bookie near my work had a 16-1 win only special offer for the title. £50 on and I thought it a good idea to sign up to NSC to alert people to the offer.

Wasn't Leon Knight near the top goalscorer charts at the end of 2003/2004?

Memory not what it was but he was around 50/1?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I don't remember the year, but I'm sure some will. Leicester away around 10 years back? When Virgo got put up top, he was still 33/1 in a lot of bookies first goalscorer. I know a lot of people who won fairly big on this, as I'm sure people on here probably did, too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Last season, first game had lua lua 1-0 won £120, my last win...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't remember the year, but I'm sure some will. Leicester away around 10 years back? When Virgo got put up top, he was still 33/1 in a lot of bookies first goalscorer. I know a lot of people who won fairly big on this, as I'm sure people on here probably did, too.

August Bank Holiday 2004/05. Don't know why they did away with that round of fixtures. Good weather and attendances.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Yep, had a few quid on that one, it was on the TV and there were half a dozen of us watching with a fiver or tenner on, scorecards, first scorer, last scorer .... all with Virgo, disgraceful scenes in 'The Greenhouse Effect' (RIP)

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Guy Butters Away to West Ham.
Noticed he was getting in the box a lot more often.
So went 3 x 10 quid. first, last or anytime 40/1 40/1 14/1
Won 0-1
970 quid return including stake back.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger all. I tend not to bet on us as the despair if we lose is doubled if I have bet on us to win, and I can't ever bring myself to bet on us to lose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't ever remember a win, but this year my entire annual betting budget has already been waged on albion going up.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
£660.00 for a £2.90 bet on the footy any 5from 7 .6 from 7 +accu 29 bets at 10 p when i was on my arse all came in .then the following week i got 6 out of the 7 and got £435 29 bets at 15p had rangers top of the scot prem to beat dunfermline bottom they drew 0-0 other wise would of been 1200 . Still not to shabby 25 yrs ago when i didnt have a pot to pee in!
Betting on us 150 0n a 2-2 draw at charlton @14/1 about 6 yrs ago then me and some mates blew the lot good night though

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

33/1 Ladbrokes & 125/1 scorecast with 1-0...

I was manager of the Hills in Baker St and the whole shop went up as one after Virgo scored...

Couldn't watch the last 20 mins or so, picked up about a grand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here