Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's been talked about for some time but he's finally won

Right out of the blue that one

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Excellent news.

A worthy corollary to an inspirational artist in the vanguard of the folk/pop/rock protest movement who's poetry and music as much informed as caught the zeitgeist of the times.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Very well deserved. Not a sop to popular opinion by the committee, but a worthy recognition of a true poet and artist. If one were to take a book of his lyrics (words) - it would be heavy book as well ! - the words are true poetry ... IMHO of course.
Although his best known work is from earlier decades the recent twenty-first century work is brilliant too.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
An inspired choice. One of the greatest poets of the last century and should be studied more. I suspect he will be from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Literature??

What next JK Rowling inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

What's her new album like? Must be good if we are talking Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. I think her books are the most over rated twaddle btw, well the one I tried to read was anyway.

Maybe you are suggesting that Robert Zimmerman's lyrics are also twaddle and you are a big JKR fan??

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's her new album like? Must be good if we are talking Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. I think her books are the most over rated twaddle btw, well the one I tried to read was anyway.

Maybe you are suggesting that Robert Zimmerman's lyrics are also twaddle and you are a big JKR fan??

I have never read a JK Rowling book, but don't believe that songwriting should be under the umbrella of literature.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never read a JK Rowling book, but don't believe that songwriting should be under the umbrella of literature.

Except many of Dylan's lyrics could be considered to be poetry?

I much prefer them to most of the poems I've read but I accept that I am no academic.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
He deserves it just for Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat:

"Well, you must tell me, baby
How your head feels under somethin' like that
Under your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat.

Well, you look so pretty in it
Honey, can I jump on it sometime ?
Yes, I just wanna see
If it's really that expensive kind
You know it balances on your head
Just like a mattress balances
On a bottle of wine
Your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat."

This post may be slightly tongue in cheek

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's been talked about for some time but he's finally won

Right out of the blue that one

Won ?

how do you win ? is it a points system ? Do they revue your past deeds and then think mmmm how old is this person, just how much time do they have left or do people just all write names on a piece of paper and then pop them in a "kiss me quick" hat and pick out the winner ?

Won ?

how do you win ? is it a points system ? Do they revue your past deeds and then think mmmm how old is this person, just how much time do they have left or do people just all write names on a piece of paper and then pop them in a "kiss me quick" hat and pick out the winner ?
I've thought for some time that the Nobel Prize mob needed to do something to balance the crazy decision to give the Literature prize to Winston Churchill. This is a step in the right direction.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He's probably deserved it for 50 years (Blonde on Blonde, only 25 years old at the time).

That said, 'Tarantula' is a load of bollocks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here